1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's wrong with Mike Gottfried?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 7, 2006.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wouldn't be the same without JoePa bitching about the refs.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You forgot is favorite can to kick: the fact that HE wanted to start an all-Eastern football conference 30 years ago and no one wanted to play by his rules. Comes up every year at a press conference unwarranted.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

There was a reporter this past week covering Alabama and Ole Miss pregame stuff, and Mark Gottfried (Alabama men's hoops coach) comes in to talk with the press.
    Anyways, the name Mike Gottfried gets brought up and some other reporter makes small talk about people sometimes confusing the two men (uncle Mike and nephew Mark).
    Well, this first reporter pipes in and says something to the effect that "you wouldn't want to get confused with Mike Gottfried. That dude sounds terrible on TV, like he's had a stroke or something."

Probably a pretty forgettable moment for that reporter, who as I understand it hasn't been on the Bama beat too long.

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Did this happen in a press conference?
    That's pretty embarrassing.
    And yes, MIKE Gottfried sounds bad - heard him do the Iowa-Iowa State game and his speech was slow and slurred.
    MARK Gottfried is doing fine - top-15 team and pretty articulate.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Yes, it was at a press gathering.
    Several reporters witnessed it.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Ouch!

8. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dude. Wonder who that was, eh bra!

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Poor Pam Ward having to go from Tomczak (sp) to Gottfried.

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I was *so* getting ready to bring the anecdote from the Alabama beat -- which I heard about Thursday. And I see that y'all are all over it!

rb

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

How much of a douche do you have to be to not know the link between the two? Seriously.

Draft saved Draft deleted