1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'What's wrong with college basketball?'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Bubbler, DW, LTL: Can we put aside the personal antipathy and direct it toward a worthy target today — the Pac-12?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm not ass hurt at all. Keep bringing the pain. Keep running it up on that pretend scoreboard no one else but you seems to know or care about.

Inarguable among the sane.

4. Dick Whitman

Again: It's easy to act like Cool Hand Luke once Kevin Costner shows up to protect you. Your first impulse was to have a typical Bubbler baby fit. And you know that, which is all that matters to me.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Too many coaches that micro manage their teams

6. Bubbler

I'm laughing at the superior intellect.

7. Dick Whitman

I'm just glad your protection money is going to good use. I would hate to see you have to fight your own battle.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm Kevin Costner? Dayum, I'm hot!

The decline of college basketball is all Kobe's fault, of course -- him and Garnett for taking the millions instead of being good boys and going for the four years of free marketing for the NCAA and NBA.

But beyond that and the overemphasis on the tournament, my biggest beef is the overloaded schedule. I find that the only sports I worry about are the ones with standardized schedules, which reduces it to NFL and MLB (where you can be pretty sure your team is playing unless it's Monday or Thursday and you have to double-check). Too much TV inventory to fill. Out here in Pac-12 Land, when it was just the Pac-10, you could reasonably plan on your team playing on Thursday night and Saturday afternoon. Now, who the hell knows?

9. Bubbler

I don't even know what that means, but that ties it, someone get out pen-and-pad, I am officially SJ Ass Hurt.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Coaches are the stars of college basketball. No thanks.

11. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Does anyone know if there's any research as to how co-sleeping affcts the ability to play nicely on message boards?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Or home schooling?

Draft saved Draft deleted