1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's up at the AJC?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Andy _ Kent, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Sorry if this a d_b but this link was sent to me and it was disturbing:

http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/freshloaf/2008/08/11/ajc-editors-mum-on-sudden-departures/

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Can't believe everything you read in the comments section of a blog. But that's an interesting tale if it's true. Citizen journalism at its finest.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Notice that the comments had two entirely different reasons for their departure. Don't think I believe either.

5. accguy

accguy Member

I've heard both stories from my source there. Don't know which one is accurate, but the Pink Pony story is interesting.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, naked strippers is inherently sexier than marketing data. I'll give you that.

7. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Speak for yourself.

8. apseloser

apseloser Member

Pretty careless is the strip joint story is true, and I have a few reliable sources who confirm that's the talk. After all the crap that's gone down there, to be messing around like that is just stupid.

9. VJ

VJ Member

Did they learn nothing from the Gold Club scandal?

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wait a second, you can get fired for going to a strip club?

Shit.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Can anybody explain how julia Wallace got into that position in the first place?

I was at USAT at the same time she was there and she was just one of dozens of newsside functionaries. I never have understood that.

12. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

There is a mighty fine time to be had at the Pink Pony — from what I've been told.

Draft saved Draft deleted