1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's this horrible show on ESPN?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jul 20, 2009.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

SportsNation: completely unwatchable. The sooner it leaves the airwaves, the better.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

STEVE ZABAN*

*Not sure on spelling

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It's Czaban.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

When Cowherd was off last week, he came back for the Jimmy V auction. Didn't want to get upstaged by Kuselias (who raises crazy amounts of money when he is on). Cowherd didn't want to be upstaged.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The Junction Boys. ;D

6. donnie23

donnie23 Member

Wow, that hanging curve is still flying ...

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Chef, I don't see you bitching about Fox Sports Radio. Just sayin'. Czaban's over there, Dan Patrick's over there, and then there's Hartmann and JT the Brick. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Look, it's pretty much set in stone that nearly all of us on this site do not like local sports radio because they're not national and they don't equate to the level of national hosts anyway.

With that said, let me put it in simple terms, Chef: you hate Cowherd, I like Cowherd. Enough fucking said. If you want Patrick, go find a station that has him or dial him up online and stream his show.

Cowherd, even with his swarminess and smart-ass commentary, is different and enjoyable to listen to (for me). I don't mind listening to Patrick (especially when Kuselias "Mr. ESPN" is pulling three shifts in a row), but I do find him to do some kissing butt as well. Kuselias' equal is John Fricke at FSR. He's all over the place when their stars go on vacation.

Shit, it's not Cowherd's fault that ESPN has put Sportsnation on. They've been pimping the "Sportsnation" concept for the longest of time on the website when it comes to polling.

Do me a favor and I'll return one to you: if you don't to bitch about Colin, don't listen. In return, I won't whine about how much ass Patrick kisses.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it the other day when Beadle said, "And now for the best part of the show, 'The Last 90 Seconds!'"

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Dredging this back up to say something terribly sexist:

Michelle Beadle offers a great life lesson for women who are not the most physically attractive "babes" in the room...Although she's not much to look at, her personality and gumption and sports knowledge and quick, right-back-at-you wit, and intelligence makes her by far the most engaging personality on ESPN -- and the person on TV I'd most like to "get to know."

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You think Beadle is "not much to look at?"

I think she's beautiful, partly because of her personality. But she's an attractive woman, without relying on it. THAT'S what makes her stand out, which is what you said, but I wanted to say she's not unattractive.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

She's attractive if she's the receptionist at your doctor's office or standing in line for a free breakfast at a Courtyard, but she's not a classic babe the you often find on TV.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I've always thought she was freakin' hot, myself.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted