1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's this horrible show on ESPN?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jul 20, 2009.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

These kinds of shows reminds me of stoopid editors who would say: I've got this great headline, write a story for it.

Come up with a name - Fanarchy, SportsNation - then build a show to fit.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

My last editor comes up with ideas for editorials and asks for articles to spark and fuel the argument he wants to make.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The show's bad, but co-host, Michelle Beadle, is pretty good.

Why Cowherd?

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Well, uh, that's an interesting opinion on Cowherd. I don't share it, but to each his ...

[​IMG]

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Seconded.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I know -- because Mike & Mike is *so* riveting and thought-provoking. At least the crew in Bristol finally pulled the plug on the spine-less and opinion-free Mike Tirico Show but now Scott Van Pelt is morphing from the entertaining sidekick into the boring co-host who tries too hard. Tony Kornheiser's old show on ESPN Radio was outstanding and Cowherd had a huge void to fill five years ago and I still consider PTI a 'must TiVo'.

However, you would think between ESPN Radio and the dopes on FOX Sports Radio that, between the two, you could have some decent programming.

As for SportsNation, it's true Bristol hypocrisy -- we do not care about the fan's opinion because ESPN is all-knowing -- *except* to drive some weak-sister show that's on from 4-5 PM Eastern Time, when most successful and articulate people are at work.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Today's Topics.
    Watson: Greatest Choke or Greatest story?
    What is the "one giant leap for mankind" in sports history?
    Espy's: Who got robbed.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I do like Beadle too. Easy on the eyes, and the ears, since she at least puts up some resistance to some of Cowherd's more asinine ideas. But overall, the show is unappealing. Why do I care about the random take on issues from a bunch of random people? ESPN, please just create like seven more editions of Outside the Lines, so at least my brain won't rot as quickly.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

No you wouldn't. They all suck. Sports talk radio is about as vapid as as it gets. My limp dick has more substance than the entirety of national sports talk radio.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So will PTI be back soon? Anyone know why this was on in its place?

11. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Seconded on both accounts.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Beadle: good. Cowherd: drooling assclown. SportsNation: sucks.

That said, SportsNation (or possibly Sportsnation or even SpoRtsnaTioN) is not quite the worst show in the sports TV universe. That honor is reserved solely for the rancid turd that is Fanarchy on Vs.

Draft saved Draft deleted