1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the worst thing your boss has ever done?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by biggerthanlashley, Apr 18, 2008.

1. dieditor

dieditor Member

No way the dude was that smart. He just liked seeing his name and face in print.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

That happened to a paper not far from here...I've only heard the story. I wonder if it's the same guy.

3. Depends on where you are, I guess. :)

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Surprisingly, this didn't happen in the field of journalism.

Last year, the retail chain I worked for opened up a store a few hours from here.

They really needed the help, so my boss told my co-worker and I we'd get overtime for going up there. So I said yes, only if I could have the following Monday off (the overtime would more than make up the difference, and I'd have a long Easter weekend). Plus the company pays damn near goverment milege so I was really going to come out ahead.

When we got back, it turned out that she lied about the overtime. She told us it was a 'misunderstanding.' My co-worker, who was good friends with her, flat-out let her have it and made our boss cry.

5. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

Seeing my boss cry would more than make up the difference for the missed overtime.

Draft saved Draft deleted