1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the WORST show on television and why?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, May 4, 2008.

1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I've only seen clips of it on Best Week Ever, but it seems like the Tyra Banks talk show should be in this conversation.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

NOW, you may be right.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So therefore, your last point is saying no one will ever know the worst show on TV, right?

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Pretty damn close, unless you spend 25 hours a day watching TV with no discrimination.

Unless someone wants to re-word the question to, "What's the worst show on television with a dedicated prime-time following?"

For god's sake, doesn't anyone else have RFD.TV on their cable system?

5. imjustagirl

Well, shottie, here's the thing. When you ask someone something like "What's the worst" or "What's the greatest" it's not really a quantifiable thing. You don't measure heart rate and laughs per minute. It's an OPINION question.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That's actually correct, aside from me "suggesting" Grey's was the worst as opposed to "joking" that it is the worst. But then, you always get your pants in a bunch on the Grey's threads when we talk critically about the show, so there ya go.

You DO know we're just talking about TV shows here, right?

"You know, everyone, it is wrong for you to talk about the shows as being the worst because if you really watched them you obviously don't think they're the worst and if you did think they're the worst you wouldn't be watching them anyway so how would you know how truly bad they are? See look how smart I am and stop making fun of Grey's Anatomy I'm still entertained by it and I'll hold my breath until you stop!"

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Damn, Piotr, you've become quite the douche lately. I'm now officially as fed up with you as you are with me.

8. imjustagirl

But considering the LCD nature of America, I don't think it could be as unfathomable as you say it is.

Look, I like Grey's. I watch it. I like it. But I also see where others call it overwritten pap. And perhaps, as journalists, we/they are more attuned to that so it bothers them more.

Do MOST Americans think it's the worst? Obviously not. But I'm also not going to be a douche on a thread about it because someone else does.

EDIT: Apparently shottie no longer wants me to answer the question that used to be above this post and has now become the continuation of a pissing match.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Well, you haven't changed at all. Your brand of "above the fray pomposity" just doesn't work on this thread.

And IJAG as I have said, I'm a big Grey's fan. It just often seems too formulaic these days instead of letting the stories flow.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, IJAG, I'm the asshole in this one. Go with that.

No wonder spnited gets to the point where he just sits around and tells everybody here to fuck off.

11. imjustagirl

I said the CONTINUATION of one. Not the start of one. I didn't say you were an asshole.

Jesus.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Plus he's got Willie Randolph. That helps.

Draft saved Draft deleted