1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the WORST show on television and why?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, May 4, 2008.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Sports Center with Josh Elliott.

I can't explain it, but that guy, more than any other SC anchor, annoys the hell out of me.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Just pick any reality show-they pretty much all suck.

3. rascalface

rascalface Member

My Super Sweet 16 or whatever the heck the name of that show is on MTV. No show makes me want to put my fist through the TV quite like that one.

I need to join the HD world, so maybe I should watch it more. My early-90s model Zenith was nice back in the day, but I've had my eye on a 50-inch DLP for some time.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm not sure a reality show should qualify. It's not supposed to be good.

The truly awful shows are the scripted ones that just fall flat. Along those lines, "That '80s Show" was probably the worst thing I've ever seen. A decent idea in theory, but it had none of the writing or casting of "That '70s Show" and zero spark.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Perhaps they didn't know how good That 70's Show was going to be or how long it'd last, but they should have let the seasons develop naturally, and have it become That 80's Show at NYE 1979. If Valerie can change its name to Valerie's Family, then kill her off and become The Hogan Family (AND switch networks on top of that!) then I suspect changing The __'s Show's odometer is survivable.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I suppose you're probably right, BYH. I just get so damned annoyed at most reality shows. :D

Totally agree on the 80's Show. As a spinoff of the 70's Show, it just didn't work. Maybe if it had stood alone it would've been ok, but as a sort of corrollary, it was pretty bad in comparison.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The grandmother and grandmotherfucker of them all, the mutant monsters whose misbegotten spawn devoured and destroyed MTV, and most other networks:

"Real World" and "Road Rules."

Death.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I knew that was coming. I knew that was coming and it was still funny. :D

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The answer to this seems pretty obvious to me.

The worst show(s) on TV ... I don't watch.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Your participation in the Grey's Anatomy threads indicates otherwise.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Nope. Don't think Grey's is. That's your opinion.

12. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Project Runway with that fierce guy is pretty fucking awful.

Draft saved Draft deleted