1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the toughest sport of all? Here you go, from Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jan 8, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

They're like swans. The only difference is that instead of kicking frantically to move, they're kicking frantically at each other, while treading water at times.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How can rugby not be in the top 10? How can Australian Rules Football not be ranked at all?
    The poll is a fraud.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's an excellent point. Rugby is easily tougher than football due to the lack of substitutions available. Aussie Rules has more substitutions, but a huge field and a heck of a lot of running and physicality.

4. KP

KP Active Member

They also don't wear pads.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Actually, in recent years rugby players have started to wear protective padding and flak jackets on a regular basis. Not much though, certainly not at football levels. Aussie Rules players still have no pads.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Whew, golf finished above cheerleading. I was concerned I wouldn't be able to count my round of golf a week as excercise anymore.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Soccer is 10th and baseball is ninth? Fuck that.

They probably only interviewed American experts.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

As Dye would tell you, I'm a soccer fanboy, but hitting a curveball is probably harder than hitting a bending, dipping free kick from 30 yards out.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Playing running back in the NFL is pretty tough as well.

P.S. Especially if you're getting 20+ carries a game.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Chuck, backs in rugby can carry the ball just as much as the average NFl running back, while having to defend as well. 80 minute game, no timeouts, far fewer pads, and no blocking in front of you.

That adds up.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Oh, I'm not saying it's the toughest sport. But being a RB isn't an easy job.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Does that mean Mike Vick has the hardest job of all because he is a running quarterback?

Draft saved Draft deleted