1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the strangest thing you've done today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clever username, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Logistically, I'm just confused how you'd get a jock on WHILE driving?! :) That's impressive mike_gd.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Slap, you know the routine.

Go to your room, do not pass go.

And EWWWWWW, Hank! Don't you even think of coming out of your room.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Popped a zit on the bathroom mirror, and because it was juicy, finger wiped the mirror to scoop off the pus and smelled it. Rank.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Seriously thought about applying for a job in one of my favorite places in the world (not Petersburg, Va.), even though the town and paper are half the size of Microville and the Daily Snooze, and even though it would definitely mean less money, perhaps more night/weekend work, and definitely uprooting my family, who might not necessarily be opposed to the change because we'd be 14 hours closer to Mrs. Micro's family.

I did not have a good day yesterday, which led me to seriously contemplate my future. Moving with be an act of a crazy, desperate person. I'm not crazy, yet. But I still might e-mail the contact to find out more, and start checking my clips and updating my resume, just for shits and giggles.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Why are you posting the mr. bean pic I post? Find your own pic -- and don't even think about posting the Mr. Bean baby...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Once you get the cleats and the pants off, it's easy. It's just like taking off a pair of shorts or underwear. You inch them off and wait for a red light for the final disposal. It's actually a lot tougher to put it on. ...

7. Walked down the street singing
    "Suffocation
    Strangulation
    Death
    Is
    Fuck
    Ing
    You
    In
    Sane"

It was fun!

8. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

I took down an existing mailbox and prepared to have a brick mailbox installed by a masonry contractor Thursday (hopefully before the mailman arrives).

I ate BBQ pork from the same chain, different restaurants, for lunch AND dinner. Sandwiches with vinegar slaw and mayo for lunch, plate with slaw and potato salad for dinner.

I buzzed through two episodes of "Curb," two episodes of "Weeds," and two episodes of "Tell Me You Love Me." I've decided I hate every single character on "Tell Me" and am not going to waste time on it anymore.

Then I went to work.

9. Honest to God.

She disappeared 10 months ago, about a week before we were scheduled to move about an hour away. We looked everywhere and couldn't find her. I asked the neighbors to call me if she ever showed up. My neighbor called me this afternoon, all excited. Me and the kid drove over there tonight and found her sleeping on another neighbor's car.

It's been a tense night so far. My kid went to hug her against my advice and the cat took a swipe, but no damage done, other than hurting my kid's feelings. We really have no idea where she's been for nearly a year but she looks like she's been taken care of. In a matter of weeks we went from having one cat to now having three cats.

The landlord's going to be pissed.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Called a woman in St. Petersburg, Russia.

I do not want to see my phone bill next month.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

In Soviet Russia, the phone bill pays you!

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Good point, slap, I set that one up for you and instead Hank took care of business. Oh well, I guess it is a strange thing for Hank to flash the pic of Mr. Bean - so it fits in with the thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted