1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the most you've ever eaten in one sitting?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Norman Stansfield, May 2, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't know the exact number, but I guarantee you it involved buffalo wings during my college days...

2. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Just recently did a radio thing where a local restaurant let my partner and I create our own breakfast and then take bets on whether or not we could finish it...with all the money going to charity, of course. The following was all on one plate, in order from bottom to top:

one 13 inch pancake

a 12 ounce piece of chicken fried steak

gravy

one and a half pounds of hash browns

a pound of shredded cheddar cheese

four eggs, cooked to order

4 slices of bacon

I made it through about 3/4 of it. We had severla listeners on site that put the whole thing away no problem.

There may be a valid reason that I weigh what I weigh.

Edit: after reading all that Mikey has put away, my guess is this would be no problem.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This guy wins ... and loses:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The gravy for breakfast is something I have never understood...

I love fried chicken on a biscuit in the morning, but I have to draw the line at gravy.

5. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

I once ate a dozen White Castles. God, the after of that was awful.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My buddy got it immediately, because we were watching Jay and Bob with him in the room. That's cool, dude, because he's in my phone as Lunchbox. I even created him a screenname once with Lunchbox in the front, and it's his main alternate.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The thing is, Dirk: If I've got a reason to eat that much, I'll do it. Unfortunately, that reason is usually "I don't want to have leftovers" or "someone's got to eat this," which is why I'm a few pounds overweight. I am the guy who finishes his friends' meals because he doesn't want them to go to waste. Over time, you develop a deeper pit.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Being a runner, I have always had a fast metabolism, so polishing away food was never a problem for me. I had the Arby's 5-for-$5 deal in one sitting before, wasn't satiated, and went back for a Big Montana. I had five jumbo hot dogs at a recent game and they were mighty tasty. I ate 24 pancakes (rather large ones too) during dinner in college, halfway on a bet, half on my own liking. I was bet I couldn't eat 12. I finished 12, went up, got a salad, and asked for three more.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I certainly can't match any of this even though I did eat a pile of wings before going to see a rasslin' card at Maple Leaf Gardens way back in the day. I went to a place up here once with my buddy and his brother and my buddy's brother did the 72 oz. steak thing and destroyed it in near record time. Was very impressive to watch. The biggest steak I've ever eaten was 20 oz. and I thought that was a lot.

I worked with a guy once who was an intern in the sports info dept. at a university in the Maritimes. One of the O-linemen on the school football team made All-Canadian and the coaching staff took the kid out (my buddy tagged along) to some El Swanko restaurant in town and the guy ordered - and ate - everything on page two on the menu.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Let me state very clearly that I have NEVER eaten while sitting on the can. NEVER. And I've only drank water while on the toilet and, once, wine, but I was incredibly drunk.

Most I've ever eaten? One pound of beef fajitas (that's one pound of meat).

11. jps

jps Active Member

Jeez - three pages to sift through here to catch up ... but I think it is now $75 for fail there. But careful with their live web cam ... it is actually strangely addicting to peek in and see if anyone's trying to get it all down. (Some YouTube's out there are fairly amusing on the subject of the Big Texan.)

12. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I've had 12 hot dogs over the course of the first half of a college football game.

I've eaten a medium Pizza Hut pizza by myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted