1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the last movie that made you cry or tear up?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, May 7, 2008.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I think it was called, "Facing the Giants" or something like that.

If you never heard of it, it's because Hollywood doesn't like those types of movies. You know, where there's no sex, no drugs, no shootings, the kids respect their parents and the coach cares about the kids.

Great, great football movie.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

There's a few, including the usual suspects...Field of Dreams, SPR, Band of Brothers, even the end of Crash got me a bit, also In America, which got me a bit dusty in the theater. The end of Road to Perdition gets me too.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Big Fish gets me a little teary-eyed as does Mystic River.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Might sound strange, but the Dale Earnhardt documentary of a year or so ago got me misty. It was exceptionally well done (Paul Newman as narrator, awesome call) and really gave a sense of how much he meant to close friends and family.

5. I'll second The Return of the King. The end when Frodo goes to "The West" is heart-breaking, especially for those who read the book.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The worst part of that one for me is the last scene.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Couple others that I've thought of:

1. End of Schindler's List, when each actor, with the real-life person they portrayed, puts a rock on Oskar Schindler's grave.

2. My Girl, when Vada tells the mother of the Macauley Culkin character that her son is OK in heaven because her mother, who died giving birth to her, will take care of him.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I doubt it would get me now, but I watched it when I was 10.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Armageddon.

When Bruce Willis volunteered to be left on the asteroid. I teared up a little.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Latest one was "Bucket List", which had its moments, nothing more.

Good call on Band of Brothers, especially Maj. Winters' "I wasn't a hero, but served in a company of heroes," speech at the end.

Gets dusty when Rudy gets the sack, especially Favreau yelling "Who's the wild man now?"

Man on the Moon.. damn I'm weepy.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You are getting an eye operation in 5 years?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's understandable because most people cry anytime a Notre Dame player gets a sack...

Draft saved Draft deleted