1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the last movie that made you cry or tear up?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, May 7, 2008.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I'm a woman; I cry in movies all the time. Especially more since I've become a father.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I get a chill when that happens, if caught in the right mood.. does that make me a nancy-boy like you, or human? ;D

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'd much rather be a man who has the emotional ability to cry than a man who feels he's too manly to let his real emotions out. Or who is unable to really feel them that deeply.

And yes, when I became a dad, that's when they really started getting stronger.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yep, though I take umbrage with "like a bitch." Guess I just couldn't relate to an alien more than the PSILY characters. Nancy-boy that I am.

5. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

"Into the Wild." First when Chris and Tracy sing "Angel From Montgomery," a song that gets to me for some reason. Then at the end as he takes his last look at the sky and the guitar strums for "Hard Sun."

6. frozen tundra

frozen tundra Member

The usual suspects (listed here, not the movie). Field of Dreams, especially after my dad died young. Saving Private Ryan, because maybe we're all supposed to ask that question..."tell me I'm a good man." Forrest Gump when he's talking to Jenny's grave about how smart little Forrest is, knowing she'll never see him grow up.

And of course, Amazon Women 4, when that one nerdy guy finally gets to participate in a threesome. Wait ... scratch that.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, AA. That got me unexpectedly twice. After seeing that, I read Ambrose's book, which led me to Dick Winter's book and the tandem effort by Babe Heffron and Bill Guarnere. In Babe and Bill's book, they talk about some of the guys who have died just since BoB aired. That hit me pretty hard. You feel like you know these guys, then they put a real face on them, then you find out they're already gone.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

This thread is giving me deja vu . . . . .

E.T. was the first. I was seven. I still get misty. Shaddup!

The end of Rocky.

The last one . . . . an inspired cry is still Return of the King, when King Theoden surveys the battlefield, knows it's likely hopeless, yet steels himself to make a great speech. And as he rides up the line, "Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises!" whacking the spears with his sword, and the music swells, and it shows Eowyn and Merry giving voice to the thrill of battle . . . .DAMN.

Born on the Fourth of July is another. Just a gripping movie.

9. snuffy2

snuffy2 Member

Old Yeller. I don't think I cried; I think I slunk back into the backseat of my parents car leaving the dusty drive in.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Glad I'm not the only one who cried during that Theoden speech.

Last movie that made cry was probably Finding Neverland. I watched it while I was sick a coupla weeks back. I still bawl like a baby at the end when Wendy dies.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Thanks for the fucking spoiler, jerk!

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Eh, bite me!

Draft saved Draft deleted