1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the last movie that made you cry or tear up?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, May 7, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is an offshoot of Killick's "little girl" thread...

Which movies have made you cry or teared up?

The "It's not your fault" scene in Good Will Hunting made me tear up. That was probably the last one for me.

Terms of Endearment and Ordinary People both destroy me. Granted, I haven't seen either in more than a decade. The last scene in "Field of Dreams" got to me as well...

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

"Pride of the Yankees" is about to get to me in about ... 10 minutes. It's about to end on TCM.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Flightplan. About 10 minutes into it, after realizing that was $30 in tickets/food I would never get back.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The last movie? Hotel Rwanda. The first? ET. I was 2, dammit!

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I sobbed at E.T. I think I was 7 at the time...

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I take that back. The Green Mile gets me every time, and I just watched it again two weeks ago.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I don't know about the last one but Casablanca is #1 even after having seen the damn thing about 20 times.

Close second is Sophie's Choice.

And Moonstruck, which is one of my all time favs in the schmaltz department.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Reign Over Me. Courtroom scene, among others.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Forgot about ET. That was a real tear jerker.

Jesus, Good Doc was 2, Mizzou was 7.

I was 33.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The very end of Saving Private Ryan, several times during Forrest Gump, the end of 50 First Dates and the end of Never Been Kissed.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

the end of SPR was not near as tear-jerky as the scene where the army guys show up at Ryan's mom's house.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oh, Christ. "Tell me I'm a good man" gets me every damned time. But I'm pretty much a wimp when it comes to most flicks. I mean, I get a little misty at the end of "Major League" -- "The Indians win the pennant! The Indians win the pennant! Oh my God! The Indians win the pennant!" -- so I'm not a tough audience.
    My all-time de-hydrator, though, is "My Life" with Michael Keaton as a man dying of cancer, reuniting with his estranged family.

Draft saved Draft deleted