1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the good word on Tempur-Pedic?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by daveevansedge, Sep 21, 2006.

1. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

That sounds outstanding, SF, and jgmac and tommy, thanks for chippping in, as well. It sounds very much like we should go a different direction than Tempur-pedic, and not just due to the price.

Again, thanks for all the good info. And Idaho, with us toting two kids around, of course we've got the Costco membership. I always forget about all the other stuff they have, besides 10-pound boxes of goldfish crackers and frozen quesadillas by the crate. So thank you, also.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well yeah, the Marriott beds have to be the upgraded ones.

3. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

The wife and I just recently purchased a new Tempur-Pedic bed and we love it. My hip used to hurt all the time in our old bed but since we have the pillow top Tempur-Pedic I haven't had any problem. Secondly my wife used to have a bad back but not any more. I love it, perfect for love making. LOL :)

Don't forget to get new pillows and pillow covers. Make sure you get mite resistant covers other wise you will be sleeping in filth.

4. 5A

5A New Member

From this month's Eqsuire:

From Brad Pitt's list of 15 things I think everybody should know:

The Perfect Mattress
    Don't spend a lot of money on a big, giant mattress with double padding on both sides and all that. Just go out and buy a normal firm mattress. Then go buy the three-inch Tempur-Pedic pad, the memory foam, and put it on top. I'm telling you, take my tip. It's the perfect pressure. I take full credit for the discovery. You will sleep in bliss forever more . . . unless you've got a six-week-old.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I got a Sleep Number bed last December and my wife and I think its great. She likes her mattress extremely soft and I like soft, but firm, so I can feel the support. It's been a great investment. Many Radisson Hotels have them now if you want to try them out.

Can't comment on the TempurPedic though.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I've had a SelectComfort bed for a little over three years now. Best money I ever spent. As much as I really, really like the new Marriott beds (and I'll be in one this weekend), the SelectComfort bed at home can't be topped.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Dry.

8. Jones

Jones Active Member

It is one of my theories of life that you don't skimp on peanut butter, toilet paper, call girls, electricians, and mattresses. Fuck, I spend half my life in my bed. I'd be pretty goddamned crabby if it sucked.

Wife and I have a Kingsdown with a pillow top. It is, I believe, four and a half feet tall. It was also not cheap, but it is the most comfortable bed I've slept on. In fact, it has killed my pre-sleep reading sessions. A page or two and I'm out. Only hitch is, I have to stand on my tippy-toes for certain sex acts. If you're more than six-foot-two, say, that won't be a problem. But at least my calves are ripped.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

http://www.liberatorshapes.com/products_stage.php (NSFW!)

This might help you when your off the bed.

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

Well, now I know how I can better penetrate shiftless cripples.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't think you should refer to your wife that way.

Or, alternately, does she know about your thing for shiftless cripples?

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

Google "acrotomophilia" and tell me you're not fully engorged.

Draft saved Draft deleted