1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the good word on Tempur-Pedic?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by daveevansedge, Sep 21, 2006.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

It's awesome because it uses Certified Space Technology.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Uma and I, after 14 years on a queen bed, finally splurged and upgraded with a king. We got a Sealy Posture Pedic from Costco (about $500 less than it was across the street at the big box furnature store) and love it.

How this helps you, I'm not sure. But we'll be sleeping at Marriott tomorrow night in Park City and I'll give you a review on that bed as well. Actually, I'm not sure how much sleeping will be done, but I'm sure the mattress is nice nonetheless.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I'm shocked this hasn't come up yet: How is sex on a Sleep Number bed?

I mean if the hubby's a 65 and the wife's a 20, I'd imagine it'd not be fun to be rolling around on.

And while I'm at it -- I've always wondered what sex would be like on a Craftmatic adjustable bed.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Depends upon who's on bottom, doesn't it?

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

If the husband's 65 and the wife's 20, it's not going to be very good no matter what they're on.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if they give out high-fives at the VFW, he'll be getting them.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

either my sarcasm detector isn't on, or two people don't know what a sleep number bed is.

I'm hoping it's my faulty detector.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Check to make sure it's plugged in. Then try rebooting. If the unit is still unresponsive, call our tech helpline at 1 800-SarcDet for more information.

9. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

A thousand thanks for all the advice so far. The TP sounds like it's extraordinarily expensive, so please keep those other options coming, with prices if you have some idea.

Again, much thanks.

As for Boom's suggestion, well, if the bed were still perfect, that might indicate a troubled marriage. All is well, and a new bed can only help.

10. tommyp

tommyp Member

Dave:

I had a bad experience with a TP and got rid of it within the 120-day timeframe for me to do so. I have back problems, and I always seemed to toss and turn in the middle of the night, awakening more often than not with more back pain than when awakening on my prior mattress.

Regarding the best mattress I ever slept on: Four Seasons hotels. At three different locations. From what I understand, these are very hard to come by.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

DEe -

If you like the idea of the memory foam, but don't want to pay the Tempur-Pedic price - although it's not really that much higher than a comparably-sized high-end standard mattress - try a place that makes a reasonable knockoff. I'm pretty sure Sleepy's and 1800Mattress have begun making/marketing their own memory foam beds.

And if you really want an eye-opening mattress price, check out the Dux bed. I believe it's the one formerly endorsed by Mr. Pat Summerall. Cheaper to buy a BMW 5-series and just sleep in the back seat.

12. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Figure out what you're going to buy first.

And then if you don't buy it by calling 1-800-Mattres, you're missing out.

One of the greatest customer-pleasing companies I have ever had the pleasure to deal with.

On my last one, I called them on a Thursday morning. We figured out what I wanted. They asked when I wanted it delivered, and they said, well, we've got slots 3-6 p.m. and 5-8 p.m. And I said, "What day?" And they said, "Today."

I picked 5-8, guy arrived at 7 p.m., one guy, set up the whole bed and mattress himself, and was gone in 25 minutes.

Absolutely the best.

http://mattress.com/affiliates/index.php

Draft saved Draft deleted