1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the deal with the synchronized diving men and the shower?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Aug 12, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They are going from the Bejing pool to the Bejing shower.

My family is fascinated by the shower. Last night, the American girls were in and out of the shower every round while the Aussie girls who jumped before them stayed in the shower and were still there when the American girls left.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'd give one million dollars to see the full video of these tools. This is the greatest avatar since the Batman dog.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'm wondering why there's a shooting stream of water, urination-like, going into the diving pool.

4. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Gold-en Shower?

hahahahahahaha

thank you, thank you

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

As it falls, it disturbs the water surface just a little so the divers know where that surface is as they come out of their dives. Without it, given the optical challenge of looking down into perfectly clear, still water against a blue pool bottom, you couldn't tell where the water began.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Very nice. I'd been curious about that too.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

There's a local strip club that advertises Shower Every Hour.
    Maybe the Beijing camera bails before Friction Dancing starts.

8. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Several of my deskmates and I like to shower off after putting the first edition to bed. Keeps us limber and loose for the city edition.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

You, sir, are the real deal. Thank you.

10. KP

KP Active Member

Someone from NBC must have gotten to the fun girl, either that or springboard divers must not have as much as platform divers.

11. Overrated

Overrated Guest

You have no idea how much I'd love to see the full video...or with sound. I can't even count how many times I've watched that.

It was actually the inspiration behind my Avatar Awards thread, but you guys shit all over it...not necessarily you, poin.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm the same way, it's like the Seinfeld episode where Mr. Pitt can't take his eyes off the painting.

Draft saved Draft deleted