1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's..... the deal with Curb?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/05/seinfeld-cast-to-appear-o_n_172307.html

Oh, I wonder how far he'll go with Michael Richards.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

If I'm not mistaken, "Curb your Enthusiasm" hasn't been doing hot in the ratings, I assume this might be a way to boost their ratings with some characters that their audience will automatically recognize. That or there is a possible "Seinfeld" reunion in the works.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I haven't seen more than a few clips of Curb. I've got to start watching this from the beginning, though, otherwise I don't think I'll get all of it.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

There's really not much to get about it. The plots are all very much like Seinfeld. You could very well start anywhere and be all set.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

But Seinfeld ran in arcs, so if you missed George's walk up the stairs after going back with Susan, you were a bit lost. It's nothing tragic, and you can catch up, but those are the things -- the connecting points -- that I really dig about Larry David's work.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Now that I think of it, I'll agree with you on that. There were a few episodes, none of which that I will spoil, where if you didn't see the episode, you were quite lost later down the road.

I didn't care so much for Seinfeld, but I loved watching this show.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Have you been tested to see if you have the right gene to understand it?

Great news that CYE is coming back. Last we left Larry he was marrying into the black family.

A few seasons back Julie Lois Dreyfus was a near regular on the show. She was in one of the gems when he called the guy from HBO a c##t while playing poker at the Dreyfus home

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Michael Richards is the only one that hasn't been on Curb yet, though I don't think Jerry had a line.

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Mikey, trust me, you'll LOVE Curb.

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

There were episodes I'd watch during my college days when I couldn't stop laughing it was so funny.

11. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Curb, while brilliant, has received a solid 0 in the ratings lately. Of course, it's hard for any show to do anything in the ratings when, you know, a new episode hasn't been aired since 2007.

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Well, I meant when it was on the air. I remember watching the season finale on HBO the day it came out. Still, I believe HBO still air episodes. Not new, of course.

Draft saved Draft deleted