1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the closest you've come to nuking yourself?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I nuked myself once and I nearly did again after a certain story was told by myself, but then I realized everyone would just figure out who I was again. How many Yankees-Seahawks-loving fans are out there? Not many.
    I just take breaks from the site when I get tired of all the hate (which I've been apart of, I know).

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A true and factual point, but it still made me blush, 'cause all I saw was smart and my name in the same sentence.
    Funny enough one of very good friends is a regular poster on here and we talk about SportsJournalists.com all the time when we get together. The conversations are kinda like living in an alternate universe, we gossip about posters and those who we know in real life. It is all very entertaining.

And I want to know how Red made his post count say "leet"

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

When you hit a certain number of posts - I believe 1,367 - it says "leet" instead of the amount of posts. Now, Red is just deleting old posts so he can keep posting to keep his number at "leet."

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Sad' seems to fit.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It's OK, Buck. I think you're smart too.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Thanks, Shot. My boss hasn't said anything nice to me in a year.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This thread is so warm and fuzzy.

Kind of like when they do the Our Father in a Catholic mass and everyone holds hands at the end of the prayer and raises their arms to the Lord, only everyone is looking at each other awkwardly, knowing full well they never wanted to touch the asshole sitting next to them in the pew in the first place.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm thinkin' I'm the asshole in the pew next to Bub. ;)

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It's 1,337. And I've never thought of nuking myself, but I don't find myself around as much. A lot of the folks I used to talk to a lot on here aren't around as much for whatever reason, or aren't as talkative. But it's to be expected; the Net is a lot more of a fluid truth than real life.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

But I like to do that little clapping bit in 'Peace Train.'
    And I imagine all of you clapping, too.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Knowing your Zen ways, you probably imagine us all clapping with one hand.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I like to whisper the, "Peace Train getting louder" lyric. Can I solo that part?

Draft saved Draft deleted