1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the closest you've come to nuking yourself?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Feb 27, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

You do now. FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Maybe you're just on your period.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Closest I've come was when I had a troll stalking me. He's not around much now, so things are better.

4. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

do it man, obviously your not happy with shit, push the button, take a break and come back as some new and improved "SUPER-BUBBLER"

probably shouldn't listen to me though 'cause I'm just a dumbass that doesn't know shit, just sayin' ...

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Sounds like someone needs a fucking haircut. :D

I think nuking means different things to different people. God knows how many times Chris L has nuked himself.

I haven't thought about it, but there have been times where I've stayed away or contributed less (in volume, that is, most of the time my posts can't get lower in quality). As others have noted above, if you need to take a break, do so. Recharge the batteries, find new parts of our pop culture to dissect, whatever.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

It would probably take me three days to figure out how to nuke myself, so I'll just stay put.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I'm back, and I apologized!!! Let's let bygones be bygones!!!

;D

8. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

screw it man, take a few more hits off the bubbler and go to bed ... 8)

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Don't make me get passive-aggressive on you BYH, a la A_F.

And failing that ... Foreigner sucks!!! :D

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Do something nice for yourself.
    Draw a nice warm bubble bath. Light some candles. Put some Enya on the stereo and have a good soak.
    You might just have some sand in your vagina.
    It'll be like rinsing leaks in a bowl of water.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Bub, I've been there. A couple of times.

Last time was when DyePack was in the voting for Member of the Year. I told myself that if he had won, I was gone. Childish? Sure. But hey, as people LOVE to remind us, it's just a message board. I can BE childish. :)

A few times, I've looked at some of my posts and it occurred to me I didn't like the persona I was showing. Fortunately for me, each time I've chosen to try to be a little nicer, or a little less judgmental, or a little more I-don't-give-a-damn.

Will I nuke myself someday? Probably. But I'm nowhere close to it at this time.

By the way, Bubbler? If you were ever to go, I'd miss you about as much as anyone. You've provided some of the best moments on this board over the past year.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Pssst . . . you should also tell him that Living in Sin was not Bon Jovi's greatest video and that Wasted Rock Ranger sucks giant donkey balls.

Draft saved Draft deleted