1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the best movie you've seen this year?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Funniest movie of the year. It's one of two non-kids films I've seen more than once this year.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Also, I thought that Fincher's past two films got a little leaden in the middle.

Perhaps 15 minutes too long, each.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Clooney and Pitt really are Vince Chase clones.

4. Mizzougrad96

I think both have better depth than the Vince Chase character is supposed to. Aside from the obvious Mark Wahlberg comparison, I see Chase as more of a Josh Hartnett-type.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Tropic Thunder was an unfunny pile of trash.

The satire they try to employ in this film doesn't work mainly because these actors represent everything that is wrong with Hollywood.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Iron Man was the best film I have seen this year. Came out on my birthday and did not really plan on seeing it. Then the following Monday a local radio host talked about it for the first two hours of his show and I thought it might be worth a look. After I heard 15 people at work mention how great it was, I figured I would give it a viewing, after all I do love Downey. I saw it the next week and was blown away.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Once I saw Downey in Chaplin, I was sold.

Delighted he's getting steady work now w/good scripts, without f'ing up. He's a
    spectacular talent.

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Yeah Chaplin was awesome. I just hope Iron Man 2 is as good as the first one. The movie he has coming out that most excites me is Sherlock Holmes, he plays the title role and I bet he will nail it.

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

He was great in Back to School

10. Mizzougrad96

Less than Zero may be my favorite film of his.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Weird Science.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Fantastic movie (and soundtrack).

Draft saved Draft deleted