1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's that on my windshield? Oh...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jul 11, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Drunken driver drove home with body lodged in windshield, cops say

July 10, 2007

By MIKE HOEFT
    GREEN BAY PRESS GAZETTE

A Green Bay, Wis., driver was drunk when he hit two pedestrians, then drove about seven blocks home with the man's body lodged in his windshield, police said today.

The driver, Steve Warrichaiet, parked his 1995 Dodge Intrepid in his garage after the accident Sunday night. About six hours later, he called police, saying he had been involved in an accident and believed he had hit someone.

Police found the body of Tyrone Ware, 50, of Green Bay still stuck in the windshield. They also determined that Joann Carroll-Hildahl, 41, of Green Bay, who had been found injured along a city street Sunday night, had been injured in the same crash. She was in life-threatening condition today at a local hospital.

Warrichaiet, who was taken into custody Monday morning, is expected to be arraigned this afternoon in Brown County Circuit Court. Police said they will seek charges of homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle, drunken driving, causing injury while driving drunk, hit-and-run causing death, hit-and-run causing injury and hiding a corpse.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow...an even bigger jackass of a drunk driver than Leonard Little (who killed a woman, then later got arrested on a DUI).

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Wasn't that a Law & Order episode?

Damn ...

4. OJ1414

OJ1414 Member

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

6. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Think it was a CSI

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe, but it was an L&O episode "ripped from the headlines"

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Dang, you're right that CSI did that. I had L&O on the brain after watching a couple of episodes last night between trips to the loo.

9. L&O (the mothership) had an episode that dealt with three homicides in one show. One of those homicides did involve the case of the women who drove home and parked her car in the driveway with still conscious man lodged in her windshield.
    I am positive it was L&O because I don't watch any CSI or other L&O shows.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I agree for the same reason...

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Similar thing happened to me about 14-15 years ago. Well not exactly me. I just fell asleep about 2 a.m. when the phone rings. Machine picks up. Girlfriend at the time is frantic. Screaming into the phone that she hit something. A deer. I can't make heads or tails of what she's saying but I'm positive she's hit a human being. She's that out of her mind. I find out where she's at and drive like a maniac the 15 miles to where she's at. I finally find her and she's hysterical. Thankfully, it wasn't a person. She had indeed hit a deer on the expressway. This is where it gets interesting. Seems the deer was decapitated during the accident and the head rolled up the windshield and over the top of the car. She said it was looking at her as it went up the windshield, totally freaking her out. So she drives to the next exit, gets out the car and calls me. When I finally get there, we go over to the car and there it is, stuck in the grill of the car. A headless deer. Now, she's frantic again, crying and screaming, so I take her home, spend the night there and the next morning we go to get the car. Only it's gone. Seems that she parked it in the parking lot of a diner and when the breakfast crowd showed up to eat, nobody was hungry once they saw the headless deer sticking out of the grill of her car! So they called the cops and had it towed. When I talked to the cop the next day, he wanted to know why we left in the parking lot where people eating breakfast would see it. I told him I just wanted to get her the hell away from that thing. I still laugh every time I think of it. A deer with no head and all four legs sticking straight out from the car as people file in to order french toast and sausage.

12. Been even better if the restaurant had a sign out front that said, "Fresh off the grill!!"

Draft saved Draft deleted