1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Santa putting under your tree?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I have to take this space to thank my mom for all she does on Christmas. Six adults (sort of), five dogs and two babies invaded her house over the weekend, and she was still able to offer up incredible food, thoughtful gifts and a radiant smile. Moms are just awesome.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Did she serve breadsticks?

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Nope. All starfish are intact and accounted for on this joyous occasion.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Watched the first two episodes of "The Wire" tonight. Think I'm going to have some thanking to do to folks here.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Mine is intact, unless it's actually a hole in the ground. I can never tell the difference

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The newest Evanovich novel, two light sweaters, three other tops, a shammy for my hair, candy/sweets, a pink cutting board and knife, and a new hand mixer.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The usual shirts, belt, etc., but best of all, a CD of "Honor Among Thieves" by the Brandos, and a gift certificate to a local used CD store.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We got a puppy for Hannukah. Sort of impulse thing -- a friend asked us to watch a dog that he was getting his kids for Christmas, and we saw the other dog that he was considering. And that was all she wrote.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

A Kinect, a Blu-Ray player, the Godfather Trilogy and Inception on Blu-Ray, socks, other needed clothes, Stephen King's new novel, and MW3 and FIFA on 360.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So much shit, I don't know where to begin. I basically have the most amazing family ever.

George Mason and VT hoodies.
    Fathead for the basment wall.
    George Mason Final Four bobblehead set.
    Redskins visor. But that reminds me of the Spurrier era too much.
    Some smell good.
    Caps t-shirt
    Redskins fleece blanket for the basement
    Marilyn Monroe calendar for work
    The book Jones wrote about the astronauts stranded on the International Space Station
    New furniture set for the back deck.

Way too much for a donk like me. Blessed isn't even the word.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

11. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

My wife got me a new Sony digital tape recorder (old Olympus one, which went through the washing machine twice and was smushed under a rocking chair, died a few months ago). My dad got me a WAZZU football history DVD, autographed by Jack "The Throwin' Samoan" Thompson. Way cool.
    Best part wasn't even a gift. We delivered cookies to local fire stations. All the firefighters were thankful and let our little guy climb into the trucks and ambulances. The look on his face each time was priceless. At the last station a firefighter asked, "Do you want to see our search and rescue boat?" Game. Set. Match.

12. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

A what?

Can't figure out if this is like a scrunchy or a Sham-Wow for the head.

:)

Draft saved Draft deleted