1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Santa putting under your tree?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I don't have a tree, not that I have much to put under it if I did. Received a package from my folks earlier this week with a few things in it and I'm pretty sure I got it figured out what's in there, really I'm just looking forward to being able to see them at the end of January.

2. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Santa coaxed a 2-over par 73 out of me yesterday. Merry Christmas!

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Well, he sure as hell ain't getting an Ipad! :D

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Didn't see you as the sort who had all sorts of pride over the Pride uniforms.

Thought maybe you'd get a black jersey or something like that ...

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

A plate of turnovers. From someone named Tim T.

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Got a few small gifts at my parents' get-together tonight, though there was $25 in cash mixed in there, so I got that going for me. Our 7-year-old and 5-year-old are getting a Wii, some games, a bunch of other stuff and a vintage desk where they can both sit and do homework at the same time. It's pretty cool.

For the wife, I got her a painting by Leon Collins, a Texas artist we've admired for a while. Got her a few other small things as well. No idea what she's getting me, and it doesn't really matter. I'm happy with whatever.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Scored some underwear (meh), remote control caddy, memory foam pillow (much better), and a long weekend in New Orleans for New Years (now we're talking.)

And I'm getting kisses from my infant daughter, which blows everything else away.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Proof positive that somebody in this house listens to you people: I received the complete first season of "The Wire." ;)

Also got three talking Angry Birds. And some nice new pillows to prop me up on the couch, which is a real good thing.

My daughter got me a clear-crystal, 3-D tribute to Dad. Sniff.

Oh, yes, a quick present I got yesterday -- a new Pavilion notebook to replace the laptop I spilled Diet Coke into on Wednesday night. No, I didn't try it. Really I didn't. Totally an accident. Promise.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Now, for your penance: Jameson's as the basis of a Buena Visita Irish Coffee, which is a tradition in our Christmas house, as you can see from the video of me shot this morning:

http://www.thebuenavista.com/irishcoffee.html

http://www.thebuenavista.com/irishcoffee2.html

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted