1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Santa putting under your tree?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Dec 8, 2011.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Well, that's extremely unfortunate.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Make sure you poke some holes in the box first.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I still have two more hats to finish and a scarf in the next two weeks. :p

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I love scarves, too. No rush. I'll take one of each.

5. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Leg lamp. Seriously.

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

A massage recliner. ;D

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm hoping something other than books. Have seriously gotten into our public library this year and love not cluttering our much too small apartment.

8. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

This has been the weirdest Christmas for me. Everyone keeps asking what I want and I truly don't know, or can't decide. We just moved in July, so I'm kind of still in that "save money until we get settled" mode.

We need a new TV for the living room. Got an outdated big screen that requires you to turn it on 12-15 times before it actually stays on. I also need a new car, but that may have to wait until the summer.

I'd love an iPad2, but wouldn't be destroyed if I don't get one. I guess it's one of those years that I'll be happy with whatever I get, because I've been very non-committal about the whole thing.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Um, nothing? Since he doesn't exist? :D

I think my parents will get me cooking stuff, since that's what I asked for. Not expecting anything from anyone else. God, my life is sad.

10. The big thing I'm getting is an Ooma so I can shed about $50/month from my AT&T bill for local service. We cut the cable earlier this year with a Roku (we have Netflix streaming and Hulu+ and haven't missed cable).

Wife is getting some sort of baby carrier/backpack thingy for our 4-month-old (Supposedly I can use it, too!!). She's also getting some jewelry with the kids' names engraved.

Daughter is getting a new mountain bike that's costing me a fortune because she's getting big (almost 11 y.o.). Son is getting the usual motherload of Lego sets Santa always brings. The baby will be easy.

Going in with my siblings to buy my mom a new computer, which she uses exclusively for AOL (not joking). Wish f'ing AOL just made a $200 computer for the oldsters still using their service! As it is, the eMachine she has is slower than a Commodore 64 and it's miserable when I go over to run anti-virus software when she clicks something she shouldn't ;) So we're upgrading her.

No idea where all this money is going to come from!

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Hopefully nothing. I would be ecstatic if the gifts would go under the trees of poor kids who might otherwise have a pretty unhappy Christmas.

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

The only thing I asked for was the Solti recording of Wagner's Ring cycle. Like Wenders, I really don't need a bunch of stuff -- in fact, if it wasn't for my parents refusing to take no for an answer, I wouldn't be getting anything at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted