1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Santa putting under your tree?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Dec 8, 2011.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Figure it's about time to start with the Christmas threads.

I asked Santa for a proper tool set this year. When Sears put all their tools on sale, Santa made a trip and grabbed me a 300-ish piece tool set to generate a proper tool box, since I do most of my own work on my motorcycle and the minor maintenance on our vehicles.

The tools I've collected over the years are incomplete and there are too many gaps in what I have to be able to finish most of my bike projects without having to tear the place apart looking for a tool. And, there are plans for more additions to the Old Girl (my bike, not my wife) in the near future which will require them.

I also asked for a motorcycle lift, so I don't have to bum one off a friend every time.

For Mrs. t_b_f, she asked Santa for a new purse and that was it. To surprise her, I went out and found the matching wallet. I think I'll throw some B&N gift cards in it, so she can buy some books for her Nook.

What's Old St. Nick dropping down your chimney this year?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a Samsung Nexus Galaxy phone under my tree.

3. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Wife and I just bought a 60 inch flat screen to replace the one that broke (after just 5 years :'( ) and we are calling that our Christmas gift. However, my funny little honey recently went shopping and said she loves the outfits that I bought her and can't wait to unwrap them (yep, she wrapped them and put them under the tree) That is my kind of shopping. The kind where I don't actually have to shop.

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Mrs. Rhody asked me what I wanted. I have no clue.
    Anything I want is a monster-sized gift - a 70-200 ml lens (which we'll get when Li'l Rhody grows up a big and starts playing youth sports); a Mac home computer (which we'll get after we get our house).
    With the baby, I told her just get me gift certificates to some places and that will make me happy. I'm very big on not asking for Xmas gifts I won't use, but right now I have everything I want.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I never ask for anything. First, I don't have many material wishes for stuff. Second, it's more fun to be surprised. As for presents, I have 'em for my parents, and my son, but that leaves Alice and my daughter Hope. The latter's a particularly knotty problem, as she's living in France working as a teacher this school year, and so any present either has to be stored for at least six months or be small enough to be carried on a transatlantic flight.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My daughter is in Honduras - Amazon gift card so she can load up her Kindle.

We got iPads, in August, so we'd have them while she was abroad. So I'm expecting nothing, as is my wife. HOWEVER, she is getting a plane ticket to Honduras. Round trip (though one-way was tempting for a bit).

My son will get a jersey of some sort and cash to donate to Bourbon Street business during his visit for the Sugar Bowl. I'll attach a note that says: Your choice - 20 beers or five lap dances.

7. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Good stuff.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

If my parents would just wrap up money in a box, I'd be the happiest person ever for Christmas. I don't need material things. I need money. My parents are paying off my car though with some extra money they got from refinancing their house.

I took up knitting this year and that's what most of the people on my Christmas list are getting -- knit hats (which I'm really good at) and scarves. Simple, cheap and it's a good stress reliever for while I'm watching TV at night.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

With all the 4-for-1 beer promotions in New Orleans, it's more like 80 beers or 5 lap dances. :)

/jealous as hell

10. Moderator1

I like knit hats. Just sayin'

As for my kid, he'll probably go three lap dances and the rest on beer. His girlfriend is going, so maybe four lap dances.

Speaking of lap dances, I need to buy my SS gift. Can I box up a lap dance?

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Actually, easier than you think. Gift cards! They exist at certain establishments. Want me to research? :)

12. Moderator1

I'm not paying for your research.

Draft saved Draft deleted