1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's in your chili?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Feb 8, 2010.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm well acquainted with the culinary pleasures of buffalo. Actually, that's the meat my father put into his chili when he made it several months ago.

I didn't get his recipe, so I don't know what else he put in. I do know it was awesome.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Also, secret ingredient: cigar ash.
    It was good enough for Colt Seavers. It's good enough for you.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i just made up a big pot of chili in honor of this thread. and yes dammit, i used beans.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Wouldn't that just be spaghetti?

[​IMG]

Of course, that also inspired a good bit from Ron White.

Chili boy: I'll have you know that the Cincinnati area is the chili capital of the world.
    Ron: Oh pardon me for thinking it might be Mexico City or Guadal-goddamn-hara. I don't think you boys even told the Mexican people you were having a contest.

A mexican boy would come up here with a goat and an onion and kick your ass. He wouldn't even need a car. He could ride the goat up here. Of course, he'd need a lift home. Can't ride home on a bowl of goat.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Dog shit.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

With a cherry.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I make a wicked white chicken chili. Secret: saute the chicken pieces on olive oil, with some red pepper and a little juice from a can of jalepenos. I use pinto beans and navy beans ... canned is okay. I don't like kidney beans. Green chilies (canned) and diced green and red peppers.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

We made chili the other night. Went quick and easy this time. Pound of ground beef, can of kidney beans, tomato sauce, green peppers, yellow peppers and about four spoonfulls of slices jalapenos. Even used the cheapo seasoning mix from the grocery store, but damn, it was some of the best chili I've had in a while, which was surprising.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The beans/no beans argument comes up every time 'round these parts, and yes, it's an agree to disagree deal. If the chili I make doesn't meet competition standards, so be it. But I like some beans in it just for the extra fiber component. Some black, some kidney. Also, a can of beer for the finish. Mmmmmmmmm.

Draft saved Draft deleted