1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's happening to that "consensus" on global warming?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Dec 21, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Meteorologist Kevin Williams of the New York based WEATHER-TRACK and Chief Meteorologist at WHEC-TV in Rochester is skeptical of man-made climate fears. "It is said that the one constant in life is change. The same can be said about the Earth's climate," Williams, who holds the American Meteorological Society's Seal of Approval, wrote on June 8, 2007

Another TV weather guy.

And tony, it would be one thing if any of what they were saying cohered around any one subject, but this report looks like it was cobbled together by two staffers in one night of meth and Lexis-Nexis. There are quotes about polar bears and shit about the atmosphere in space and other nonsense mixed in with a bunch of TV weather guys being interviewed on Fox News and giving philosophical answers that amount to "Sure the planet's getting hotter, but why worry about it?"

You failed. Better luck next time.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

"I'm inclined to think it's just bad science."

"That and the special interests."

"Alarmism."

"Greed."

"Still hot though."

"Yup."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Fine, Zeke, take out the three guys who are weathermen. Even though they're much more schooled than you.

Then deal with the qualifications of these guys:

And there are many more. But you've got your head so far up your ass in the sand I'm sure you'll convince yourself you're smarter than all of them combined.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No response to my query, tony?

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Not knowing them, I wouldn't presume.

I do know that I'm smarter than you, and smarter than whoever put together that "report" and thought people would buy it.

6. old_tony

Got proof that these are insane meth addicts, Doc?

7. old_tony

You're like a lot of liberals, Zeke. You're not nearly as smart as you claim you are and when your big plans to help people always end up hurting them you ignore the results and claim your intentions were pure.

I've seen nothing in your postings to tell me you're anything but a lemming to the big government folks that have jammed a jillion government programs and regulations down our throat that have never solved a problem but will never be removed.

The only thing that keeps me from thinking you're not a completely hopeless case is that you like Dr. Hook.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Speaking of myths, still clinging to that one, eh? Despite the AP, New York Times and WaPo recounts that show Bush indeed won Florida.
    You must have been on vacation that week.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No. But I don't have any proof they're all credible sources for the subject matter, either.

10. old_tony

Funny you don't have anywhere near that kind of skepticism on the PhDs and climatologists who say global warming is real.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Because they're PhDs and climatologists. Not TV weather people.

Besides, you accused Zeke of attacking the person and not the opinion, as though the opinion was all that mattered. So I asked you if anyone could present the opinion. You still haven't answered that question.

12. old_tony

There's a shitload of climatologists and PhDs in the report as being skeptics. Zeke goes through the list and finds a couple of "TV Weathermen" -- never mind if they have degrees in climatology or meteorology or whatever -- and thinks he's disqualified the entire list of more than 400.

Sounds to me like you're not going to bother listening to anyone who doesn't agree with you. To you, all the PHDs and climatologists who say there is global warming are gold and all the ones who are skeptics are idiots.

And you may choose to say the same thing about how I view it in a vice-versa way.

The only problem you have that I don't have is that your side claims the issue is settled. My side says it's not. That forces you to ignore or try to trash the climatologists and PhDs that I name. I don't have to do that with your guys.

Draft saved Draft deleted