1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's happening in Nashville (important update)?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Jun 13, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Re: What's happening in Nashville?

Not long. His predecessor is also there, but with overall nightside responsibilities.

Sorry I can't attach names/dates to all this, but my knowledge of the specifics is limited beyond a certain point.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

For being such a big city, The Tennessean is a paper that could be sooooooo much better. Maybe Gannett will shake things up a bit now.

Or, to quote Steve Martin's old Theodoric character on SNL... naaaaaaaa.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Sigh.

4. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

I've heard vague rumors that Rivals is going to put staffers in the towns of the top 30 or so college football programs to report fulltime on those teams. Can anyone confirm or deny?

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Maybe they're following the Vanderbilt modle and doing away with sports as a department. You know, so the people in sports won't miss out on the exposure to the rest of the paper in general

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Maybe I'm missing something, but haven't they been doing that? People like Hubbs in Knoxville have been major players on their beats for years.

7. FlipSide

FlipSide Member

Can we steer this back from the fan sites and "big league" arguments to what's actually going on at the Tennessean. So there is to be a new SE and major reorganization? And Mullen is the new UT writer? Inquiring minds want to know.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Any change on the Vanderbilt beat?

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They need to let Mike Jones run the department. He's been the glue there for years.

10. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I somehow am not buying this.

Didn't Mullen have the Vandy beat pulled from him? I can't imagine one year later that they're going to move him to Knoxville and put him on an even more critical beat.

If there's any big-city paper in the country that is in serious need of house cleaning, it's The Tennessean.

11. Re: What's happening in Nashville?

We can only hope. [/vanderbiltfanboyloser]

I don't have any inside info, but I'd find it hard to believe that Mullen was pulled from the Vandy beat in favor of who's on it now.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I can tell you with 95% certainty that Mullen was pulled off Vandy.

Draft saved Draft deleted