1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's happened to McDonald's fries?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Apr 30, 2008.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

AAAAA-MEEEEEENNNNNNNNN! I'd even accept yellow mustard. Just no goddam ketchup.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ketchup + schnitzel = More yummy.

Ketchup + brat = Sacrilege.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I haven't read all the pages of this thread and this might be a tangent, but:

Is it my imagination or does ketchup really taste different in Canada? It seems to be a bit sweeter and less tangy up there. I'm talking about typical Heinz Ketchup (or, in the Canadian province I tend to frequent, Heinz Ketchup Aux Tomates).

4. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

Maybe I missed it, but has anyone mentioned Arbys curly fries?

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I use to get Potato Patch fries and a corn dog at the eating area right near the Thunderbolt every year when I was younger. Then, I'd go ride the Steel Phantom and almost throw up. Good times.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yes.

Second page maybe.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I go mustard and relish on my brat.

And regardless of bubs wanting to fight to the death, I still stand by there's no secret in the secret sauce except Arby's provides multi-gallon drums of it.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Work for a couple of years in the fast food industry. It will cure any desire you might have ever had for french fries.

I didn't eat them all that often before working in the industry, and now I order them even more seldom than I used to. I did get a burger and drink from a place yesterday, but it was more the experience and such. As good as I had heard the fries were ... uh ... I passed.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jack in the box onion rings rule ... for fast food, of course.

Draft saved Draft deleted