1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's happened to McDonald's fries?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Five Guys, when on, is the best. Chick-Fil-A is consistently excellent (and with the exception of their biscuits, the items they offer are going to be better than pretty much any other fast food place's similar offerings). Wendy's is usually good, but they age the worst (however, for fry dips, nothing beats a Frosty). I like Fatburger's fat fries (haven't tried the thin ones).

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Please tell me you didn't diss their chicken biscuits. :eek:

This means jihad.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The chicken is fine. The biscuit is too sweet, though. Give me the Chick-Fil-A chicken on the Bojangles biscuit.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

OK, we're cool. Bojangles is fine by me. ;)

But nothing beat two Chick-Fil-A biscuits in the morning on the way to school.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The chicken biscuits rock. I thought they were too sweet when i first had them, but they have definitely grown on me. I just wish they served them all day.

6. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

God fucking bless Chick-Fil-A. I miss it so much.

Haven't been inside a McDonald's in years now, but I cut out a lot of the burger-n-fry joints. I mostly eat Subway now.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Whataburger fries are yummy. I like BK fries and McD's fries about equally, but they're better right after they change the oil in the fryer.

Sonic fries blow goats. I always substitute tots.

Same with Jack in the Box. I'll either order the curly fries (which are actually quite good) or skip the combo meal.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Next time you want to feel your arteries clog instantly,

go to the nearest Sonic and get the Sonic-size Extreme Tots.

They take a tray about a foot-long....fill it with tots, then put chili, nacho cheese, ranch dressing, onions and jalapenos on it.

Thank me later.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not sure you understood what I was saying. McDonalds employees shouldn't be giving false info to people who don't eat meat for ethical, health or religious reasons. They lied to people and people ate their beef tallow fries. I wasn't condoning that.

But look at the reality. It's McDonalds!

If you are the kind of person who doesn't eat meat for those reasons, you are an idiot for trusting McDonalds and worse, a McDonalds employee, in the first place. Yeah, it is as simple as "don't go to McDonalds then." You'd understand if you understood the mindset of people like me and people I know like me. I wouldn't trust McDonalds--let alone the 15-year-old McDonalds allows to prepare their food--to make me a simple salad. Their salads might be perfectly fine. Knowing what I know about their food, though, and what they do to manipulate it, I can see them adding shit to a salad I don't want entering my body. And you know what? If I want a salad, I can make one myself that I KNOW fits my diet, or I can get one in lots of places that aren't built around an unhealthy menu filled with dead animal products. I haven't stepped foot in a McDonalds in so long because I don't trust McDonalds. It's that simple. You are idiot if you do have food requirements and you trust McDonalds to serve you food.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Five Guys fries are the worst I've ever had. Ever. Ever.

I hate soggy fries. I want them thinner and crispier.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I hear Extreme Tots with all that slop on them also double as a remedy for corns.

You should look into that, Chef...

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

You callin' me a pig, dick face? ;)

Oh how I love me some Bojangles. I've had it once; it lived up to every expectation.

Even this guy agrees:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted