1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's happened to cartoons?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, May 7, 2008.

1. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Speaking of Tom & Jerry, is it me or do those German-created episodes creep you out too. They're just weird. You know the ones that I'm talking about. The ones not produced by Fred Quimby.

And I have to say one of the greatest Bugs Bunny shorts of all time was the one with the Hillbillys. I saw this one not too long ago and thought it blew away anything on now. Especially at about 3:40 when they do the whole square-dancing bit.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One Tom and Jerry episode I love barely has Tom in it. It's the one where Jerry moves out to New York City, but barely survives the fast pace.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Usually I don't like the comments on YouTube. But every once in a while, they get a chuckle out of me.

brnleague99: Japan attacked us. They were our enemies (then). What were we supposed to do, throw a tea party?
    elminz: No, we don't throw a tea party... we throw nuclear weapons.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's pretty freaking funny.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Won an Academy Award I believe.

For baseball season, how about this Bugs Bunny classic?

"That's the old pepper boy!"

Draft saved Draft deleted