1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's going to happen to Penn State football?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BB Bobcat, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Heading into the fourth quarter in Madison, when Wisky's up 24, is going to be a sight to behold.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

WE'RE NOT (clapclap) PENN STATE (clapclap) WE'RE NOT (clapclap) PENN STATE (clapclap)

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm just watching this idiot on ESPN interview Tom Bradley. "So what do you think Joe Paterno will be thinking during the game?"

Only correct answer: "Wow, I really should have called the cops when I found out my top assistant was a pedophile."

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'll ask a question that was asked on the other thread, if Sandusky had been a history professor caught raping small boys in his office would the school shut down the history department as an act of contrition?

I think we know the answer to that.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If the history department head was thought to have engineered a decades-long cover up; if the history department faculty was still under investigation as to the breadth and depth of the crime and their knowledge or participation in it; if the investigation had only been made public a few days ago - do you honestly think the school wouldn't cancel a few history classes?

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

No.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I posted this on another thread, but after talking to a high school coach today who sends some big time recruits to DI and the NFL, this might be a dead program walking right now.

If you have Virginia Tech after you and Penn State comes knocking, are you really going to want your buddies to know you are thinking about going to the university that allows child molesters? Why would any big time kid want to be fing teased over his choice of college?

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Nor should it. The school exists to provide history classes. Football is an extracurricular activity.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. gators85

gators85 New Member

New interview with the authors of Game Over: Jerry Sandusky, Penn State and the Culture of Silence

Very long but worth the listen:

http://www.cyinterview.com/2012/05/as-alleged-sad-and-sickening-game-over-jerry-sandusky-penn-state-and-the-culture-of-silence-authors-bill-moushey-and-bob-dvorchak-speak-about-their-book/

Draft saved Draft deleted