1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Going On With Chris Ivory ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Earthman, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

The lack of detail is kind of surprising. Imagine if this were Adrian Peterson
    'Grateful' Ivory back with Jags after emergency
    "Ivory was hospitalized with what the team calls a “general medical condition” several hours prior to the Packers game."

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Can't imagine that. Peterson is good.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Kidney stones? Cancer scare?

4. Earthman

Erection that lasted more than 4 hours ?

Vombatus likes this.
  5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This is the best part. Who knew he could write so good?

"I returned to the stadium this morning to rejoin my coaches and teammates as we continue to prepare for the San Diego Chargers on Sunday. This past weekend was a challenging time for my family and me because of an emergency medical condition that developed while I was with my team at the hotel. I am now grateful to be back in the facility and able to refocus on the game that I love. I want to extend a special thanks to the Jaguars medical staff, the first responders and everyone at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville for their assistance over the past couple of days.

"I appreciate everyone's sensitivity during this personal matter, and I'm ready to be back out on the field and look forward to doing so in the near future. Thank you for all for your support. I want you to know that I read each and every message and I'm thankful for them all."

6. Earthman

Imagine if he was still on The Jets. NYC reporters would not have let the story go.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I can't imagine there won't be more coming out about this.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No mention of the gerbil's condition

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Earthman

It's been 2 weeks and now 2 missed games

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Damnit. Beat me to it. I was going to say "foreign object removal" instead of gerbil, because I prefer to be kind to animals.

There was a case in Boston where someone got an Aunt Jemima bottle stuck up their ass. Produced a rather interesting x-ray.

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

"It was a million to one shot doc, a million to one."

bigpern23 and Vombatus like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Known in the business as "rectal foreign object films". I've seen any number of remarkable images. Wildest one I ever personally saw was an old school Prell shampoo bottle, like the old commercial where they drop a pearl in and it takes forever to fall to the bottom. The bottom of the bottle was 3 1/2 inches or so across, so once the door slammed shut behind it there was no fishing it back out. Most amusing was a vibrator which was still on - it produced a blurred image due to movement of the vibe and the shutter speed of the camera.

Of course we'd also see things in the nose, ear canal, trachea or esophagus, and most common of all, coins swallowed by small children.

Rectal foreign bodies | Radiology Reference Article | Radiopaedia.org

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted