1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what's for xmas dinner?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by txsportsscribe, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Raisin Ham

Raisin Ham Member

Oh please, that's my oldest brother and we don't get along anyway so gobble it up.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Tonight? Crown roast at home. Tomorrow, I don't know about since I'll be working.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

We've settled into a tradition of Christmas Day brunch at our house. But tommorrow night it is traditional all the way.

[​IMG]

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Done before on Christmas. The only stinking thing open when you're traveling the day of.

5. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

We're hosting our first X-mas fish fry with Mrs. Fear's family. They have it every year with all the fish one of her uncles catches in Wisconsin and Lake Erie, but it's always been at another uncle's house.

Already the bitching has begun because we're changing the side dish menu to add Jack Daniels baked beans and a few other things.

6. KG

KG Active Member

I'll be doing a Waffle House breakfast but dinner is ham, stuffing, mashed taters, sugar snap peas, corn on the cob, cheesy broccoli and rolls. I think that's all anyway. I'm also making a cherry cheesecake and a pumpkin cheesecake. Then of course, I have a big container of cookies!

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Mama Zeke and I cooked.

Roast pork loin studded with garlic, rubbed and slathered in mustard.
    Mama Zeke's famous pecan popovers with honey butter.
    Baked sweet potatoes.
    Cranberry relish.
    Homemade slaw with red grapes, craisins and walnuts and a red-wine vinagrette.
    Some sort of jello-salad. (Mom's)
    Green bean casserole (Mine)

Two bottles of wine. Pumpkin pie. Pecan pie. Coffee.

I can barely move. I hurt, I ate so much.

8. azom

azom Member

I broke out a baked bean casserole for Christmas Eve dinners with the families this year. Didn't use a recipe, just combined about 10 of them into something new. Woke up early on Christmas Eve to cook it and was way too proud of myself when it turned out edible. I'm usually not much of a cook, so when something I cook turns out OK, it's reason to celebrate.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ham is in the oven now and German Carrots are on the stove...
    When I go to Ms. Slappy's parents, I know there are potatoes and green bean casserole... I also know my SIL won't eat the ham or the carrots (bacon in it) because she doesn't like pork. So I get the added pleasure of that...
    Might just bring the bottle of Gentleman Jack with me for the SIL and MOSIL...

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Filet mignon, double-stuffed baked potato, broccoli with cheese sauce, merlot.

If I'm ever asked for my last meal, I won't complain if this is it.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

German carrots? Do I want to know more about this delight?

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Leftovers from last night's seafood dinner.

I've always wanted to know how lobster tastes out of the microwave. Ugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted