1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

In the south, supper = dinner.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to stop at Gene's Supper Club on US 29 between Greensboro and Danville ... just because I don't think I've ever been to a supper club. Anyhoo ...

Three bags ... I love me some Macaroni Grill. Great selection of pasta dishes and non-pasta Italian fare. The bread and olive oil pre-dinner is fantastic. Very fair prices, too. If you want chain Italian, I'd go for Macaroni Grill 1,000 times before I'd go for Olive Garden.

3. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

some folks i know made a movie called 'scrapple: the movie.'
    check it out on dvd if you can.
    http://www.scrapplemovie.com/

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Macaroni Grill is good; and Carrabba's is right there with it.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Since Doc is already on his way home, I can say that I made oatmeal raisin cookies as a surprise for him. I also made cheeseburger macaroni hamburger helper. He's going to be VERY pleased when he gets home.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Could be more pleased, depending how you greet him atthe door ;)

7. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

for me, it's a big thumbs down to macaroni grill.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Well I'm choosing not to reveal those kinds of details on the board, but let's say he's going to incredibly pleased.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh, come on... you've outed the cookies, make with the goodies.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

What was for supper tonight ... hmmmm.

Appetizer was lobster macaroni and cheese. The lobster was finely cut, so you didn't have those long threads throughout the dish. Then it was tossed with macaroni, onions and a Fontina cheese cream sauce. I hope I did it justice there.

Entree was Gorgonzola buttered filet in a port wine demi. On the side were some of the most loaded mashed potatoes I've ever had, with bacon, chives, sour cream.

I, uh, chose to pass on dessert.

If you're ever passing through Pennsylvania's capital city, I would suggest Dorado's, right across the river in Camp Hill.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Go see spup... she's got cookies you can have... Doc won't mind

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

On the innocent side... I dyed my hair tonight. It's been pretty blonde lately and he likes it a little more red, so I dyed it back to his perfect color. I also straightened it and did perfect makeup. I was inspired by watching America's Next Top Model tonight.

On the less innocent side... use your damn imagination. I'm not saying anything because I am innocent. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted