1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

A simple salad. . .

Bed of Romaine. A little shredded cheddar cheese, carrots, walnut, strawberry, croutons. Probably ranch dressing since I put ranch on everything, but there is a vinagrette in the fridge that I might try.

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Ahh.... Indian takeout: chicken tikka masala, garlic naan.

3. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Wallowing in the insipid:

Greasy spoon takeout hot dog with meat sauce, cheeseburger (ketchup, mustard).

Glass of tap water.

At my desk.

May procure vending machine ice cream sandwich later. May not.

4. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Vending machine had my 60 cents for supper.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Leftovers. Mrs. t_b_f made one of my favorite deserts ... banana pudding ... to finish it off. Now, I'm finishing that off with a 16-year old Bushmills.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Suck some more, why don't you? :D

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Well, you can pound on it/try to tip it for some exercise anyway ...

A standard "eat at desk" dinner here: Smart Ones Three-Cheese Ziti Marinara (with leftover chicken chopped up and put into it), carrot, Mini Chips Ahoy bag from the vending machine.

At least it didn't eat my 65 cents without crapping out some fine merchandise.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The wife delivers again (how did I live 5 months without her around?)...huge ass bowl of pasta salad (carrots, red pepper, celery, cucumbers, tomato) topped with Italian dressing and seasoned salt.

And the interns bought a pizza and gave me a slice...thin crust, not too shabby.

9. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

One of the funnier things I've seen around here was this perfectly defined, black waffle tread bootprint in the middle of a vending machine plexiglass front. How it withstood the onslaught, I'll never know.

10. three_bags_full

Sorry.

11. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Honey ginger barbecued pork and balsamic basted potato and veggies on the deck. May require a glass of Crown on the rocks.

12. three_bags_full

Fish tacos, three-cheese jalapeno poppers.

I marinated the fish in ancho chili powder, jalapeno, cilantro, olive oil and salt and pepper. Grilled it and made the tacos with some really tasty salsa the missus brought home today, sliced avacado, shredded white cabbage, sour cream and cheese.

I mixed together some cheddar, mozzarella, and romano cheeses and stuffed the peppers.

When I took the fish and peppers off, I quartered an apple and let it cook while we ate.

Pretty decent, in all.

Draft saved Draft deleted