1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Not to mention a waste of beer!

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I enjoy a nice, spicey bloody mary from time to time.
    And I've been known to add a little fresh cracked pepper to a cold glass of Bass on occassion.
    But I'm not mixing tomato juice and beer.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I feel your pain. Doc won't be home until after midnight, and I won't be able to eat until then. I'll be snacking on apples until then.

4. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Ah, tomato beer, also known as red beer, at least among my South Dakota in-laws (I think they skip the pepper). It's always struck me as the ruin of a fine Coors Light.

Just finished supper. Hot dogs and baked beans, with a little bagged salad on the side. Solid.

5. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

It's a southern thing. Up around Wichita Falls, where some dive bar claims to be the place it was invented, it's known as a Texas Red.

6. Beef.
    It's what's for dinner.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Anyone having "red wings" for dinner.

Umm, yeah, *those* red wings ...

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's a big thing with folks in Montana too, but never with anything as cheap as Coors Light. They're beer snobs in this area of the country.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Found a Healthy Choice "Steak" Dinner in the freezer. Jeebus. If I have to eat that shit to be healthy, no thanks. Wife apparently stocked up on them recently. Also ice cream, so I'm about to go negate the healthy choice I made. Fudge Ripple or Cherry Vanilla?

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Baked chicken.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm preheating the oven at 400 ... DiGiorno should be ready for the fiancee the moment she gets home from work.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

A large salad and a frozen chicken cacciatore meal (with whole wheat pasta) by a company called Get Healthy America. It was pretty good.

Draft saved Draft deleted