1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's everybody doing on Superbowl Sunday?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jan 30, 2008.

1. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I thought I was going to be working, but apparently news-side will be taking the punishment.

I signed up to volunteer until about 15 minutes before kickoff, which gives me just enough time to drive home and get settled on my couch. I have more than enough bad food to have a good party all by myself.

However, if my upstairs neighbors make as much noise as they did two weeks ago, I might have to invite myself to their party!

2. If only someone sent some sauces and/or marinades which would work well at such a party...

I'll be headed to the Homestead to watch the game. Mom will be out of town and the Future Mrs. Omar has an anatomy test to study for.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Mainlining margaritas. I can't wait!

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Ya know, it's funny you mention that. I just so happen to have some really cool marinades and sauces which will most likely make an appearance at the Rosie Super Bowl Extravaganza. Someone sent them to me :)

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i need to see if i get a reply back from 'gola's sister or not. everything's hinging on that right now.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Sounds like a story for Penthouse Forum.

We are having 20 people over and watching it on roomie's big screen. It's supposed to be in the mid-70s, so we are going to grill hamburgers and hot dogs. Plus, the girlfriend's mom is making some badass Mexican cheese dip. I'm looking forward to a lot of good eats, a lot of good drinks and hopefully a lot of making fun of the weird dude from the news side that comes to these things.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'll be at the Army's survival school. While you guys are eating pizza, wings and drinking good beer, I'll be eating grasshoppers, acorns and drinking pond water purified with tablets that help you avoid nice guys like giardia. :'( :'(

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what's your sister doing?

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Lucky. ...

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Super Bowl. Super Bowl. Super Bowl. Super Bowl. Super Bowl. Super Bowl. Super Bowl. Super Bowl. Super Bowl. Super Bowl. Super Bowl. Super Bowl. Super Bowl. Super Bowl. Super Bowl. Super Bowl.

Having said that, I'll be in Chicago watching the game with family, unless this shitty weather keeps from getting there in time.

11. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I'll be working the desk. Some one's gotta put out the paper. I had New Year's day off and had my usual Super Bowl foods and beer, since I knew I'd probably be work this Sunday.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Lotsa beer.

Lotsa Mexican Food.

Draft saved Draft deleted