1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's everybody doing on Superbowl Sunday?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jan 30, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is not true. I was at a friend's house for the Pats-Panthers SB and missed Nipplegate because--wait for it!--I went into another room and logged on to SJ at halftime.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The car, man! The car!

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ah, screw practicing. Go all-in the first hand. If you lose you've got the keg and the game. If you win the hand, do it again. Rinse and repeat. If you actually manage to win the first half-dozen or so hands you'll have created a very angry table of know-it-all poker geeks, which could be perversely fun. You'll have them in your pocket and on the way to green-felt glory. Or, again, you've got the keg and the game.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I missed Nipplegate as well.
    "Nothing ever happens during the half-time show"

Anyone remember when MTV did the Beavis and Butthead special at half-time? That was awesome.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I missed it, too. I was taking care of my ex-girlfriend who decided to see how fast she could finish a bottle of Captain Morgan's.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You are made of 100% USDA Fail.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

The Rosebuds and I have been furiously cleaning house for the past two days in preparation for our annual Rosebuds birthday party/Super Bowl party. Nothing fancy, but enough food to feed a large army.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

You just figured this out now?

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It took me quite a while to pick myself up off the floor after laughing. Thanks, Pastor.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Actually, hanging out alone and texting looser comments to your friend who is a fan of one of the teams is even more failriffic than anything you've done.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

So ... what's you point?

Draft saved Draft deleted