1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's everybody doing on Superbowl Sunday?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Going to a friend's house where we'll watch the game on a big screen, hi-def tv, in a room where the guy to girl ratio will be 1:1, at the worst. The food will be good, really good actually, and more than my share of alcohol will be consumed. It should be great.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait, you'll be alone? No way.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Not if you count the General.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You gave your right hand a name?

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Tsao? Lee? Bobby Knight?

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Sleep until noon, read the paper at a lunch spot, then remember the Super Bowl is on.
    Then go to somebody's house, fall asleep during the second quarter, wake up midway through the third quarter, realize that it is a blowout.
    Go home, watch House, then the new Aqua Teen.
    Tell Giselle and Bridget, who will both be sleeping over, that Tom really is a bastard of a man.
    Go to bed without knowing the final score.
    Read who the winner was on Monday morning when the paper comes, then go to work.

• one of these lines is a lie, can you guess which one?

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

In May and June, you've got a case.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I don't think he's talking about his hand.....

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The nap? No one misses the halftime show.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The last one. You wouldn't subscribe to the paper.

That being said, I've finally finagled an invite to the best poker tourney in the state, where there's a $30 buy-in, a keg fund, and tons of fun. I'm practicing!

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

All of them. I'm going to throw my computer chair in honor of Bobby while I eat my Tsaos in front of my life-sized cardboard cut-out of Robert E. Or are we talking about the car?

Like you guys wouldn't do the same thing. ...

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Watching the game...havin a Bud...

True, true...

Actually, party at la casa with a Tex-Mex theme (we also go by where the game is being played, so with Phoenix, we get Tex-Mex this year, for Super Bowl 40, I just shot at every one that came to my house).

Got the PS2 hooked up in the basement with Guitar Hero I, II and 80s, the bar will be stocked and another TV will have a Donkey Kong competition on my Atari 2600.

Oh, yeah, THE GAME? Upstairs on the big TV...I'll have the little one on downstairs, waiting for commercial breaks. GoDaddy.com's got a new one with Candice Michelle, I can't wait.

Draft saved Draft deleted