1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"What's a nubian?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He needs to avoid putting his wife in any more movies, regardless of how small the part is... Although, it is kind of funny in Strikes Back when she is talking about how gross he is...

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The whole story with the wife always makes me cringe for the guy. IIRC, she wanted nothing to do with him until he became famous, then suddenly she's in love. Somehow, I'm thinking that part about how gross he is wasn't far from the truth for her.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Don't know how exactly true that is. She was a reporter for USA Today and met him via an interview - so he was already "famous" when they met?..??

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yeah, KM, that's not true. She was a reporter and had to interview him. They kept in touch for a few weeks and he invited her out to L.A. for an award show, I believe. They got together soon after that.

I don't think there was ever a time where she wanted nothing to do with him. She never wanted to move to New Jersey, but really, who does?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hmmm...perhaps I don't remember correctly. I thought they had met years before and she had blown him off. Then they reconnected and suddenly she was interested. But I can't find where I read that story, so it is entirely possible I've just lost my mind.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I was searching for the story of how they met, when I found the USA Today article Jen wrote about Kevin. It's not too bad.

http://www.viewaskew.com/press/jenusatoday.html

7. kokane_muthashed

So how exactly is my story not true? Are you saying he wasn't famous when the interview took place? I don't understand.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I was agreeing with you. OOP's story was wrong. Sorry for the confusion.

9. kokane_muthashed

Yeah, I figured it out after I hit the sent button. Ditto on the confusion.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Don't sweat it.

Draft saved Draft deleted