1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whatifsports.com - I know I am a loser

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 2, 2007.

1. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

I've been in some fun theme leagues too, but never an alphabet league. That actually sounds like a lot of fun though.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

There were quite a few owners with a Jamie Quirk season on their team.

3. beanpole

beanpole Member

I'm addicted to the baseball dynasty leagues.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have played most of them.

I became tired with hoops dynasty even though I had a decent D-I team.

I have one baseball dynasty team and it is a mother fucker to keep up with. If you think you understand baseball transactions, play this bad boy.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I had a baseball team one year in that league. Had some great players and was expecting to do very well, finished in last place.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Played basketball once. Terribly boring.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

So how does this work? Is it like a really complicated fantasy league?

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Played it (baseball) a while back, and it was pretty fun, but I've never tried a dynasty.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Do you set a 40-man roster and manage rookie league pitching staffs in fantasy?

Shit, there is even a Rule 5 draft and arbitration.

10. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

It depends what you want to do. The baseball, football, and basketball simleagues are essentially fantasy leagues. You get to pick players from any year under a salary cap budget and compete in a league. For baseball you play 162 games (I think about 3 a day) and basically are the GM of the team.

For the dynasty games (Nascar, college baseball, college football, college basketball) you start out as the coach of a lower level team. For instance, for college basketball you start out as a D-III coach and the ultimate goal is to move up to D-1. You have the ability to recruit, schedule opponents, and of course game plan. It's actually a lot of fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted