1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whatever you do, don't let me near your electronic devices

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Wenders, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

OK, let's get two!

[​IMG]

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Today, I escaped with only one instance of bloodshed - I scraped my knuckle (on the same finger that got caught in the box springs no less) on the brick side of my building, so it's bandaged now too. Plus, last night when I went to take a shower (that I couldn't take because I turned the water up as high as it would go and the person before me had a scald protector on it so it was lukewarm at best...grrrr), I pulled off my jeans and I have seriously never had so many bruises. Plus, they're multicolored! I have a brown one, a purple one, a green one, a red one, a blue one..... It's a good thing it's jeans season, let's just say that.

Not to mention, I'm sore as hell. I wasn't this sore the day after I fell off that horse a few years ago and I thought I was dying that time.

Oh, and if anyone thinks THIS is being clumsy...let's just say I've had more creepy injuries than ever. I've fallen off of two stages (back in my drama days...one I grabbed the stage and it hit me right in the ribcage and the other, I sprained my knee and then had to turn right around go back on stage. Not fun) and I fell off of the bleachers in the student section at a football game in college and dislocated my knee and had to be hauled out on a gurney (while getting cheers and high fives from everyone).

Let's just say it's a good thing I have health insurance and a spare pair of crutches.

Ace, where would be a good place to get a waterproof case for my Blackberry, if it can be revived?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't think the case is going to help you. I'd just pay for the insurance if I were you.

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

And your renters and car insurance is paid up, right?
    =/

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Lepers are running away from Wenders

6. Wenders

I will never bemoan rice again. Despite me doing everything in my power to kill my Blackberry - dropping it in water, drying it and turning it on several times, etc....a 36-hour rice bath and I turn it on and it comes right up. Dances were going on in my household. All the keys work, the screen isn't flickering, it's up to full power. I love it.

And I'm totally going this afternoon to get insurance on this thing. My mom actually berated my father, saying that if she had been with us when we got it, she would have MADE SURE we got the insurance.

Parental units have covered my car insurance (a reward for lasting the first six months in the real world without having to ask them for money) until May. I have my renter's insurance through them too. I can't wait to turn 25, when this crap is cheaper.

In other news, my bruises have multiplied but I'm completely moved out of the other place. Hip-hip hurrah! Now I get to unpack. Joy.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Congrats, Wenders.

Don't dance around any sharp objects, though.

Will they let you get insurance on a used phone? I dunno.

8. Wenders

I really hope so. I don't understand why they wouldn't, since I have a plan with them. I mean, insurance companies don't deny you insurance if you're driving a used car, right?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, I hear some bookstores won't accept returns on books that have been read in the bathroom so maybe a phone that falls in the toilet will be flagged, too.

10. Wenders

Heh, you were right. If it's past 30 days since I got the phone, they won't insure it.

It's the dumbest thing ever. It's THEIR PHONE that I bought on THEIR SYSTEM. What's the difference if I choose to insure it then over now? They picked it up, they saw that it was working, so I don't understand what's the problem.

Oh well, at least I know about the rice thing now. Not that it will EVER be going in my bathroom ever again, but I know now.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Did you eat the rice?

12. Wenders

Actually, I hate rice. The only rice I'll even go near is Mexican rice and that's because they put all of the flavors in and if you shove some in with a piece of burrito, you can't taste how bland it is.

So yeah, anyone want a bowl of rice that had my phone in it? I'm certainly not going to eat it. :p

Draft saved Draft deleted