1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whatever you do, don't let me near your electronic devices

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Wenders, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I've had a fabulous 24 hours.

In the past 24 hours, I have:

* nearly ruined a second iBook charger (they don't tend to like to be immersed in water when plugged in....thankfully, this happened to the old one and I dried it off liberally and it still worked)

* in all likelihood, killed my iPod (it was in my laptop case and I left it on my chair at work. The case falls over, the laptop falls right on the iPod. I pull out for a little music and the LCD is totally cracked and I can't get any music to come out of it)

*also, most likely killed my BlackBerry (which somehow fell in the toilet out of my pocket when I was tending to the cat's litter box)

I must say, I'm doing quite well for myself. Today, I've also broken a nail almost clear off (and I have no idea how), smashed another finger (on the opposite hand) between my box springs and my bed frame to the point it was gushing blood, had the appearance of having a bloody nose (because the skin is so dry around my nose that it's cracking) and have possibly made another dent in my boss's marriage.

I'm going to go, take my sheets to my new apartment, crawl under there and finish the king-sized Hershey's bar that I bought with the rice that is hopefully absorbing every ounce of water in my Blackberry.

Thankfully, if something goes wrong with my car, I have a warranty on THAT for the next four years.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

One of these things is not like the other ones ...

3. I'm not going to say what I was going to say.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That would hurt, W-b.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Uh, the boss and his marriage? Sorry, that one stands out like a sore thumb (ba-da-boom, I'll be here all week) and must be asked. You are in a room full of journalists, you know? Or mostly journalists.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

"It's been a rough day. I got up this morning, put on a shirt, and a button fell off. I picked up my briefcase, and the handle came off. I went to open a door, and the knob broke off in my hand. I'm afraid to go to the bathroom!"

Rodney Dangerfield

7. OK, so I really am more transparent than I thought. :D

8. Perhaps she received a shock while trying to fix his pencil sharpener and accidentally fell on his thing ... I'm sure his wife would understand that.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's a gift.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the boss was somewhere near the bed frame.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

His boss's wife threw a hissy fit that he was helping me move. Then again, she's not too thrilled that he has a job where he can't be at home every night with her.

I'm still trying to figure out how they got married, honestly. My boss is a friend of mine, nothing more, and offered to help me move.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's fantastic.

Draft saved Draft deleted