1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whatever happened to ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Mar 8, 2006.

1. This is one of the many reasons I love the Internet...

Franklin Stubbs was/is a coach for the Myrtle Beach Pelicans.

And here's an excerpt from an interview with Wyatt, who is indeed an English prof at Texas A&M...

AC: Is it true you don't tell people you were an actor?

IMS: It's just so long ago. There's no easy way to answer the standard questions, and if there were, it wouldn't be exciting. A standard question is "What was it like to kiss Kelly LeBrock?" The truth is, that it's weird to be 15 and kissing a woman who is 30, who wouldn't be kissing you unless she had to. It's weird in all kinds of ways and not really that great. But that's not the answer the guys want. Because no matter what I say, the next thing he says is, "Dude, I would have fucked her." You're 15. She's married to Steven Seagal. How are you going to bring that about?

2. hoopswriter

hoopswriter Member

speaking of kelly lebrock, she is not looking good these days .. caught a couple minutes of that celebrity weight loss show and she did not look attractive

3. My cousin, a couple of years younger than me, moved to the West Coast when we were teenagers. She used to be like a second sister to me, and we would watch the Goonies over and over again. So we kind of lost touch when she went away, until one day when we were in college she called me out of the blue. She was like, "You will never guess what just happened. I just went on a date with Chunk!" Turns out the dude was a fellow student at Berkley. He was still fat, but she went out with him just so she could say she did.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

She looked a lot better at the end.

As for The Goonies question, Corey Felman was on the first season of the Sureal Life.

Texas, that's a great story. Did she make him do the truffle shuffle?

5. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Beta or VHS?

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Josh Brolin, Corey Feldman and Martha Plimpton are all still around. So is the guy who played Joe Pantoliano's other brother – Jake? He played a dad in "The Hot Chick" a couple of years ago.

John Matuszak is dead and so is Anne Ramsay, who of course won an Oscar for playing an even bigger harridan in "Throw Momma From The Train" than she had in "The Goonies."

7. predictiblity?
    the milkman, the paper boy, the evening t.v.,
    you miss your old familiar friends,
    waiting just around the bend,
    everywhere you look (everywhere you look),
    there's a heart (a heart),
    a hand to hold on to,
    everywhere you look (everywhere you look),
    there's a face of somebody who needs you

when you're lost out there,
    and you're all alone
    a light is waiting,
    to carry you home

everywhere you look

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Very nice, PMZ.

9. collegewriter

collegewriter Member

Here's your <A HREF=http://www.sanandamaitreya.com/>answer here</A>. He changed his name a few years ago. Talk about a crackpot - this is the same guy who thought he was going to be the next Elvis or Beatles.

10. collegewriter

collegewriter Member

The sad thing is I wanted to know what TTD was up to myself a ways back. "Introducing the Hardline..." is still a pretty darn good album.

Here's my list - Whatever happened to...:
    * Arsenio Hall?
    * Baseball Weekly (not this convoluted "Sports Weekly" garbage USA Today is trotting out"
    * Pez?
    * Max Headroom?
    * Presidential accountability?
    * My rock 'n' roll?

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Pez is still available, from what I hear, if you hunt for it.

I think Max Headroom is back in the stockroom along with a couple million cases of "New Coke."

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And if you click on that link, be sure to check out the "Fan Poetry" section.

Here's the first line of the first poem:

Peaceful are the flowers and the pleasant scents that yawn from perfumes

Draft saved Draft deleted