1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whatever happened to ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Mar 8, 2006.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'm sure SI's annual 'where are they now' issue packed with either athletes who were barely relevant when they played or people who never really went away or those who have only been gone for about five years will answer many of our questions any day now.

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Sad news about Lil Penny...... http://fuzzandzapper.com/pennynews.html :'(

3. Oscar Madison

Oscar Madison Member

Marc Price, aka Skippy is now a standup comedian. He tours with Dustin Diamond (Screech from Saved by the Bell) and Emmanuel Lewis (Webster)

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Saw Mark Price a few times on "Evening at the Improv" during the mid-90s. Guy was pretty good.

Glenn Danzig was mentioned earlier. His "mystique" took quite a hit about a year ago when a video was circulated over the Internet of him getting flattened by a member of what was supposed to be his opening band at some club somewhere.
    Seems Danzig threw a fit and refused to play that night, and the whole show was canceled. The guy in the opening band, who's group traveled a long way to play the gig only to see it canceled, confronted Danzig about it and Danzig shoved him. Then the guy threw a beautiful right cross and had Danzig kissing concrete.

5. Billy Ray has a daughter who is a singer/actor on the Disney Channel...Hannah Montana is the name.

I hesitated posting that because, really, who wants to admit having that knowledge? But when you have a kid, you tend to have the Disney Channel on from time to time.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm not usually one to find anything amusing about violence, but I've had a crappy week at work and watching Danzig get flattened after pushing someone just made me feel a lot better:

http://www.transbuddha.com/index.php/buddha/danzig-getting-his-ass-kicked/

Always thought that guy was a tool. The Misfits were not punk rock. They were heavy metal dumbfucks with rockstar attitudes- an example of what punk was originally a revolt against. Funny side note: Danzig groupie skank off camera yelling "Kick his fat ass!" after the big guy laid out Danzig. Looks like the other dude's fat ass went un-kicked that night.  :)

7. Asked:

Gabe Jarrett?

Bill Pecota?

Answered:

Heath Shuler is running for Congress as a Democrat somewhere in North Carolina.

Pez. You can still find it. It is just a little more difficult. There is an official Pez Museum in Burlingame, Calif. It's only about five minutes south of SFO, so if you ever have a long layover there or a few minutes to kill before leaving for your flight, then check it out.

8. Oscar Madison

Oscar Madison Member

Wow, I thought all celebs running for office had to do so as a Republican. I know Bill Bradley is a Democrat, but he first ran in the late 70s/early 80s. Ever since then its been celebs running as Republican, i.e. Reagan, Sonny Bono, Arnuld, Steve Largent and Lynn Swan.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Billy, Pez Museum kicks ass. I dropped $75 when I was there.

Whatever happened to

my Transylvania Twist

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's now the Monster Mash
    And it's a graveyard smash
    It's caught on in a flash

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

pho-real?

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member