1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whatever happened to the Canadian Tire guy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Aug 19, 2008.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

You know, Mr. Annoying Know-it-all who takes a generator and television on camping trips?

He is 2nd Nazi from the right in "The Sound of Music".

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That fucking tool? What is this, community theatre?
  3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Does he stop in the middle of the performance to show the other Nazis a better way of doing Blitzkrieg with the new tool from Canadian Tire while his bemused, long suffering but cheerful frauline looks on?

It looks like he was foreshadowing his career arc with his hand placement.
  4. JR

JR Active Member

I thought this was the funniest thing I had ever heard. I bet you he gets more interview requests than the newly minted Maria.
  5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hey, I liked the wife in those ads. She was outta his league.
  6. JR

JR Active Member

I tried to find a sample of one of those ads on Youtube--just to prove how annoying he was, but couldn't find a single one.

Lots of spoofs but not a single TV ad. It's like the Stalinist Soviet Union---through Crappy Tire's revisionist history, the ads never existed. Yeah, the wife was OK.
  7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The beginning of the end for those ads was the front-page story in Maclean's titled, "What a tool". It mentioned that Crappy Tire wouldn't allow interviews with either one of them so they could maintain the illusion they were a real couple.
  8. JR

JR Active Member

The guy should have run for Prime Minister. He would have united all Canadians--French, English, First Nations, gay and straight. Everyone would have hated him.
Draft saved Draft deleted