1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whatever happened to the Canadian Tire guy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Aug 19, 2008.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

You know, Mr. Annoying Know-it-all who takes a generator and television on camping trips?

He is 2nd Nazi from the right in "The Sound of Music".

:D

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That fucking tool? What is this, community theatre?

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Does he stop in the middle of the performance to show the other Nazis a better way of doing Blitzkrieg with the new tool from Canadian Tire while his bemused, long suffering but cheerful frauline looks on?

[​IMG]

It looks like he was foreshadowing his career arc with his hand placement.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I thought this was the funniest thing I had ever heard. I bet you he gets more interview requests than the newly minted Maria.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hey, I liked the wife in those ads. She was outta his league.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I tried to find a sample of one of those ads on Youtube--just to prove how annoying he was, but couldn't find a single one.

Lots of spoofs but not a single TV ad. It's like the Stalinist Soviet Union---through Crappy Tire's revisionist history, the ads never existed. Yeah, the wife was OK.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The beginning of the end for those ads was the front-page story in Maclean's titled, "What a tool". It mentioned that Crappy Tire wouldn't allow interviews with either one of them so they could maintain the illusion they were a real couple.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The guy should have run for Prime Minister. He would have united all Canadians--French, English, First Nations, gay and straight. Everyone would have hated him.

Draft saved Draft deleted