1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whatever Happened to Real Cop Shows?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Oct 10, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What's the deal with all of these TV cop shows that have these nerds doing all the detecting?
    You've got Zen detectives, scientific detectives, comatose detectives who time-travel, genius detectives, OCD detectives, real psychic detectives and fake psychic detectives, detectives who never die, detectives back from the dead, and detectives who can bring back the dead.
    Whatever happened to the boss is on-my-ass, my ex-wife is a bitch, my paycheck sucks and my partner drives me crazy, but we make a good team-type of detective?
    Where is Steve McGarrett? Theo Kojak? Hunter? Starsky and Hutch? Cagney and Lacey and Crockett and Tubbs? Renko? Wojohowitz? And Fish?
    I'm looking for Pembleton, McNulty and Bunk. Magnum, Mackey and McMillian (and Wife).
    I want to see Sipowitz, I want to see Lenny Briscoe and I want to see Joe Friday.
    Is that too much to ask?

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

Dan: I never watched NYPD Blue... until I began catching it late nights on reruns on TNT, then I tried to never miss it.

The arc about Bobby Simone's death was great TV.

These days, it's Cold Case and Without a Trace that have me hooked.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You, sir, have a column to write.

Draft saved Draft deleted