1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whatever 21 wants, Kindred gives

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dave Kindred, Jul 9, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Magically appeared in the Kindle. Can't wait to get to it.

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I have three backed up that I need to read -- I've been on page 80 of "1960" for about two years -- but this book, I have to get and I have to read, simple as that...

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

And I wasn't lying. Just ordered from Amazon. Dave: Cha-ching!

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I've reserved a copy from the Toronto Public Library. Can't wait.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'm first in line at my place. Just fervently hoping it's warts-and-all, i. e.
    Katy Graham's utter snobbery, etc., etc.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I'm the same way, STG. I've got a bookshelf chock-full of these books, including Richard Kluger's excellent "The Paper. the Life and Death of the New York Herald Tribune."

This one will join those as soon as I can get back to B&N.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I've never heard of Kluger's, Birdscribe, but want to find it, as there are a lot of great stories about the Herald Tribune in some of those other ones, like the Esquire history. Always seemed like it was an influential paper that had a lot of great talent come through. And I forgot one of the most famous ones, which is always worth a read: The Kingdom and the Power by Gay Talese.

8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

The book arrived today, Dave, and since we had at least one five-minute phone conversation while you were writing it, and at least two e-mail exchanges, I'm really hurt not to see my name in the index. :)

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

STG, have you read "The City Room" by Arthur Gelb?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dave,
    Now that you've written a book she's asked for, she'd like you to go to her family's Thanksgiving dinner, since it's already been established you can't turn her down.

11. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Now THERE's a book!

12. rponting

rponting Member

My Amazon order arrived here in Melbourne, Australia last night and I tore through 60 pages. What a subject and what a writer. Kindred is so good I think he could describe a heartbeat

Draft saved Draft deleted